10 years ago today

fingercuffs

36CFIST
Platinum Member
Reaction score
I made the move from Amsterdam to Virginia. The night after went out with husband's work colleagues and one lovely man said we aren't so different, we're all just folk. And during the 10 years I've spent here he's right. California doesn't have the same southern hospitality but I've made it my home and will hopefully be here for the next 10 years before Tuscany.

So any one of you I've came into contact with who have made me feel loved, embraced and welcome as a foreigner, given me much needed advice of things I'm not aware of... thank you very much.

Migrating has its challenges for sure, glad it worked out so well for you.
I have my interview on March 7th, I'm so nervous I'm going to fuck it up. I won't be kicked out if I fail given the Green Card, I just want to be able to vote.

X Employeed
X speak English
X Appreciative

Right on. Happy the US of A is working out for you. You seem like a welcome addition to our little "melting pot."
I'm not employed, but I'm not claiming benefits.

Yes. When you drive into Maryland you get a "welcome to the south" sign, Norfolk Virginia is more south than that.

Huh, I didn’t know that. I figured the cutoff for “the south” would be like the northern borders of South Carolina, Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi etc. Had no idea somewhere as far north as Maryland would be “the South”.

Huh, I didn’t know that. I figured the cutoff for “the south” would be like the northern borders of South Carolina, Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi etc. Had no idea somewhere as far north as Maryland would be “the South”.
Yeah driving back from the north and seeing the sign "welcome to the south" was nice warm fuzzy feelings. The hospitality is like nothing I've experienced before and I've moved around a lot. I love it here hence laying down roots but I miss the friendliness.

Amazing that Cuffs is worried about her green card and interview, when she could have snuck in and been given a free electric scooter, 3 meals and shelter in a nice hotel, and a 1,000 a month gift card in NYC.
I appreciate your heartfelt warmth on the matter :D

yeah, i had the same question a few months back. Wasn't sure where they draw the line for south and north.

Out of all you foreigners hanging out here, you’re the only one I don’t mind living on my land.

The rest of you can Fuck Off!

Live long and go in peace lady…

Out of all you foreigners hanging out here, you’re the only one I don’t mind living on my land.

The rest of you can Fuck Off!

Live long and go in peace lady…
This post nearly put something in my eye.

Back