#1 inoue #2 Srisaket Sor Rungvisai #3 gonzales #cuadros

baconCrunch

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
the way i see the rankings now

srisaket won, but gonzales fight was extremely close... gonzales last 2 fights vs srisaket, cuadros could have gone either way.

cuadros got a gift decision vs carmona. gave us some idea how he measures up to inoue.
cuadros beat srisaket, which i've yet to see, but it's really srisaket's only other top level fight.

i haven't seen the boxing dominance or the power from either roman or cuadros.

inoue has dominated everyone that's been put in front of him. i don't think he's even lost a round.
he put on a boxing clinic on carmona with 1 hand (injured his right and his back in the early rounds).

the roman loss, takes out the steam of the inoue showdown.
curious to see who's matched up next.

Post a list if you're making a rankings thread.

I think it's Gonzo/Thai/Cuadras/Carmona/. They should all fight it out.

Gonzalez is officially proven to be the biggest fraud on sherdog. Unbelievable that he was -2000 here and considered top 5 p4p.

Inoue is #1.

no, definitely not a fraud, gonzales is still one the best fighters of the modern era.

but its just scary to think how strong inoue is...

i mean whether gonzales won or not, it was still closely matched.
and carmona was better than cuadros.
inoue is a level above cuadros in terms of speed, power and boxing skills.

Gonzalez is officially proven to be the biggest fraud on sherdog. Unbelievable that he was -2000 here and considered top 5 p4p.

Inoue is #1.

Gonzalez is already an all time great. He doesn't have anything left to prove.
I would love to see him get 50 straight wins and leave an even bigger impact
in the history of the sport but it wasn't meant to be.

Inoue is arguably better in this weight category, but still career wise he isn't even close.

Will be interested to see the Thai fights Inoue in the next fight. The winner may fight Roman again.

Getting lost on this board is just how amazing last nights
Sor Rungvisai v Roman was.. Best fight I have seen in 5 years easily.

The thing I hate the most yesterday. (not in order)

1. People who call the decision "robbery"... No, it's debatable but not robbery. Even sherdog score have swing round and that's what happen. Bonus point for the revisionist who try to treat it as if the fight is one-side.

2. People call Chocalito fraud. The fight is awesome. He's undersized. Srisaket is not a slouch. When all thing added up, he didn't deserved this tag. Homie aside (I'm Thai), if I'm will put a bet, he will take it on rematch.

For me this is the most exciting small weight class in years. Make it a tournament! Chocolito have the right to claim for immediate rematch (though it might leave Cuadras fan a sour taste). Many Srisaket's fan want to see him against Cuadras too (even though deep down inside I know Cuadras' style cause is Srisaket's achilles heel).

From the boxing perspective, this is a chance to make it a tournament. Chocolito, Cuadras, Inoue and Srisaket in the series for lineal champion.

Inoue is #1.

Get out with this stuff. It's his fourth weight class, and despite being outsized he still arguably won. That's not being a fraud, that's constantly challenging yourself until finally you've gone too far. Something most boxers get shit on for not doing; here Gonzales does it, and he gets shit on anyway.

And fans wonder why fighters don't want to challenge themselves. Damned if they do, damned if they don't.

Inoue is #1.
Typical "Fan".

It was glaringly obvious who the better boxer was last night... Roman by a mile.
Sor Rungvosai was crude and plodding, but, in the end, got a razor thin decision owing to headbutts, blood loss and the weight being too fucking much for Roman. He definitely wasn't out skilled.
People saw that in his last fight as well, it's just too big a weight jump for him. It's not a quality disparity, it's a weight disparity.

ring magazine has same rankings as me
http://www.ringtv.com/ratings/?weightclass=286

JUNIOR BANTAM
1. naoya inoue
2. srisaket
3. roman gonzales
4. cuadros
5. estrada

Pound For Pound
1. ward
2. kovalev
3. GGG
4. roman gonzales
5. crawford
6. lomachenko
7. ringondeaux
8. canelo
9. yamanaka
10. naoya inoue

Inoue is #1.

wangek got as high as +1900 and gonzalez -3500 at pinnacle.

Get out with this stuff. It's his fourth weight class, and despite being outsized he still arguably won. That's not being a fraud, that's constantly challenging yourself until finally you've gone too far. Something most boxers get shit on for not doing; here Gonzales does it, and he gets shit on anyway.

And fans wonder why fighters don't want to challenge themselves. Damned if they do, damned if they don't.

Shhhhhh, shhhhhh it's okay Mr Zapato Man, breathe and relax...i need you to throb in a tranquil frequency. It's where you are most beauitful and that's where i need you to be.

The absolute form of an idea in its purity fabricates the divine simplicity of a mans axioms. This notion is seductive to the man for it categorizes his external percpetion of what is ariund him preventing his essence from the fall to the ennui. When the esteem fractures from the depths of reality.....The man shall gape and what is true shall flow inside...

Shhhhhh, shhhhhh it's okay Mr Zapato Man, breathe and relax...i need you to throb in a tranquil frequency. It's where you are most beauitful and that's where i need you to be.

The absolute form of an idea in its purity fabricates the divine simplicity of a mans axioms. This notion is seductive to the man for it categorizes his external percpetion of what is ariund him preventing his essence from the fall to the ennui. When the esteem fractures from the depths of reality.....The man shall gape and what is true shall flow inside...

I let about 5 pounds of truth flow this morning. Stunk up the whole house.

Back