☠ Nate Diaz Demands Rematch with Conor: "I'm not doing sh*t until we go for round three!"

Who wins the rubber match?

• Total voters

ReadWrite

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
"I'm not doing sh*t until we go for round three," Diaz said at the event's post-fight press conference. "You won't be seeing me until then. If they want to set it up as soon as possible, let's do it. But I don't think it's a very good business move for him to be taking any other fights, and he's a businessman, so we'll see what happens."

. . .

"I've been a lightweight the whole time," Diaz said. "I think I walked into the cage tonight probably at 177, 176, 175. F*ck, maybe lighter. So hell yeah, that's what I wanted this fight at, so I could have a six-pack. You know you want to be in a picture with a six-pack."

. . .

A third fight between the two would only be even bigger and would bring with it another massive payday. So while Diaz may have lost to McGregor at UFC 202, he believes he made good on his promise that the game would change after the pair's rematch.

"Change is happening right now," Diaz said. "If you want to be successful in this business and you want to do good in this business, you're going to have to follow the leader. And if you're going to say that somebody else is the leader, you got it wrong. Look at Conor. What did Conor do for this fight? He did exactly what I told his ass to do. He hopped on a bike -- a little amateur style, he didn't have no clips, he didn't have no helmet, that's not how you ride but he tried -- and he hired all top-10 people to come in from wherever.

"He hired these people and that was a good job, but who taught you how to do that? Your sensei here, man. It's like, follow the leader as far as the martial artists, follow the leader as far as the businessmen. Like, sh*t, if you think that I'm tripping and just talking out of my ass, then you're obviously not that bright because I've supposed to have been fired already 20 times from this organization, and look where I'm at now. Still doing my thing on the main card."

As for the financials of the eventual rubber match, Diaz reiterated a mantra he has long maintained, explaining that no matter the dollar amount, it wouldn't be enough for what he and McGregor put themselves through.

Cont...

http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/8/2...sh-t-until-he-and-conor-mcgregor-go-for-round

Will definitely watch.

Conor adjusted in the rematch and fought a smart fight. The early leg kicks were the difference.

Nate readjusts and checks kicks like he did against Michael Johnson = who knows WHAT the f happens in the trilogy.

Will definitely watch.

Conor adjusted in the rematch and fought a smart fight. The early leg kicks were the difference.

Nate readjusts and checks kicks like he did against Michael Johnson = who knows WHAT the f happens in the trilogy.

I think that the strategy for Nate would be to wrestle early.

He is bigger, has good jits, he can just clinch and try to trip every time Conor starts using leg kicks.

He doesn't even need to be successful with the takedowns. He just needs them in order to drain Conors cardio.

Panic wrestling + jits early, and boxing in later rounds = sure win for Nate.

Most ppl want a third fight, but not asap, accirding to another Sherdog poll.

Diaz can wait around until the third; meanwhile Conor should defend his belt.

They each of an equal chance of winning the 3rd fight imo

I'd pick Nate due to my bias

"I'm not doing sh*t until we go for round three," Diaz said at the event's post-fight press conference. "You won't be seeing me until then. If they want to set it up as soon as possible, let's do it. But I don't think it's a very good business move for him to be taking any other fights, and he's a businessman, so we'll see what happens."

. . .

"I've been a lightweight the whole time," Diaz said. "I think I walked into the cage tonight probably at 177, 176, 175. F*ck, maybe lighter. So hell yeah, that's what I wanted this fight at, so I could have a six-pack. You know you want to be in a picture with a six-pack."

. . .

A third fight between the two would only be even bigger and would bring with it another massive payday. So while Diaz may have lost to McGregor at UFC 202, he believes he made good on his promise that the game would change after the pair's rematch.

"Change is happening right now," Diaz said. "If you want to be successful in this business and you want to do good in this business, you're going to have to follow the leader. And if you're going to say that somebody else is the leader, you got it wrong. Look at Conor. What did Conor do for this fight? He did exactly what I told his ass to do. He hopped on a bike -- a little amateur style, he didn't have no clips, he didn't have no helmet, that's not how you ride but he tried -- and he hired all top-10 people to come in from wherever.

"He hired these people and that was a good job, but who taught you how to do that? Your sensei here, man. It's like, follow the leader as far as the martial artists, follow the leader as far as the businessmen. Like, sh*t, if you think that I'm tripping and just talking out of my ass, then you're obviously not that bright because I've supposed to have been fired already 20 times from this organization, and look where I'm at now. Still doing my thing on the main card."

As for the financials of the eventual rubber match, Diaz reiterated a mantra he has long maintained, explaining that no matter the dollar amount, it wouldn't be enough for what he and McGregor put themselves through.

Cont...

http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/8/2...sh-t-until-he-and-conor-mcgregor-go-for-round
That is a solid quote imo

Please no... Not next anyways... Defend the belt, Conor. Shit. Attempt to anyways...cutting back down will be difficult & Aldo is hunnnngry for revenge.

Conor finally gets that elusive KO when this fight happens again. He knocked him down 3 times in the first 6 minutes of the fight. There's only so much one man can take. Nate'll be older, more weathered, have a weight cut to do, and Conor will be even more improved, with a gameplan even more adapted to beating Nate.

nate doesn't have the power to demand an immediate rematch but i hope he has the money to sit out for a while, i don't think mcg will want to fight him too soon

Conor needs to defend his title before another Diaz fight.

anyone else tired of Nate? I want to see Conor vs anyone but Nate.

Nate already got the better of the two fights they had. Conor needs to defend his belt, I honestly think Conor should fight Aldo, then Frankie

Seriously, Nate is coming off like a side chick in this situation. He's going to wait around for Conor to give him a rematch. Meanwhile, Conor can make millions fighting a lot more interesting fights.

The whole Conor vs Nate thing was a great fill in when Dos Anjos pulled out and it made for an exciting match up and trash talking. OK, we've seen that AND we've seen McGregor solve the puzzle. Why the hell do we care who wins a majority of fights between these two? It doesn't mean anything in the grand scheme. I'd like to see him defend his belt against a fired up Aldo and actually see them go at it or continue moving forward for a run at the 155 belt.

Why do we give a shit who wins a majority of fights between these guys? I know why Nate gives a shit and is ready to be a side chick, because he won't make much money otherwise. But Conor? Move forward, not backward.

And if Nate held back even a little bit (like in the 4th) knowing a close fight would go McGregor's way so he could guarantee a big pay day he would otherwise never get again, I hope it bites him in the ass and McGregor leaves him in the rear view.

Aldo is a known injury prone fighter so be ready Nate, be ready.

DANNNNAAAA!!!!
shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpg

This fight's outcome made the most sense financially. These guys are business partners and best friends at this point.

If I was Dana, I'll fire Diaz so that Conor won't have to deal with his whiny ass again. Diaz getting 2 million guaranteed was a slap to the face for all hard working Americans. It was like watching the Big Spin and all of these undeserving people who can't even speak American winning millions. Gosh, that was depressing.

"Round three" was technically the first round of Diaz-McGregor 2 last night, where McGregor dropped Diaz on his ass.

Have McGregor fight twice before the rematch.

If McGregor beats aldo, he fights whoever has the belt at 155.

If he wins, he vacates the 145 belt and him and Nate finish their trilogy in a title fight.

THAT would up the stakes considerably. If I were the UFC, I'd try to set that in motion. Not setup works, but just really push Conor on that idea. Nate doesn't have to do shit. He would accept that fight in a heartbeat.

It wouldn't happen if Conor loses, but he doesn't do that often, and it doesn't hurt the ufc by having him headline cards.

Gone head Nate! Grab another clean, quick $10 mil+ and stomp the fucking leprechaun one more time son

Back