☠ JDS Wants a Piece of Lesnar

JDS vs. Lesnar

• Total voters

ReadWrite

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Junior dos Santos would love to fight Daniel Cormier before the current UFC heavyweight champion retires.

There are a few things standing in his way, including the imposing figure of Brock Lesnar, who figures to be Cormier’s final title challenger sometime between now and the March date in which Cormier is expected to hang up the gloves. That whole situation — Lesnar getting a title shot and Cormier’s reason for wanting it — befuddles dos Santos, he said Saturday after he beat Tai Tuivasa by second-round TKO in the main event of UFC Adelaide.

“He’s incredible,” dos Santos said of Cormier (h/t Submission Radio). “He’s an amazing athlete. He’s doing some amazing things in his career. I think it would be very good for me — actually for anyone — to fight someone like him. I don’t know what’s happening right now. I think he wants to fight Brock Lesnar or something, it doesn’t make any sense for me. I don’t really care. If the UFC wants to make that happen, that’s fine.”

Dos Santos, 34, said he can’t really seem to wrap his brain around the whole situation. First, he’s not sure what Lesnar has done to warrant a title shot. Lesnar will be coming off a USADA suspension for testing positive for the prohibited substance clomiphene in 2016. The WWE star has not officially won an MMA fight since 2010, against Shane Carwin at UFC 116. Lesnar beat Mark Hunt at UFC 200, but the win was overturned by the Nevada Athletic Commission (NAC) due to the failed drug test.

On top of that, dos Santos just doesn’t get why Lesnar is a financial draw in the first place. Lesnar is one of the best-selling fighters in terms of pay-per-view in UFC history. JDS, who was scheduled to fight Lesnar in 2011 before Lesnar withdrew to a bout of diverticulitis, is at a loss as to why people want to see Lesnar fight so badly.

“The way I understand is that’s what Daniel Cormier wants to do to make money,” dos Santos said. “So somehow, people want to see that, because if they pay to see that it’s gonna be interesting for the UFC, of course. Somehow, Brock Lesnar sells. Somehow they want to see him fighting. I don’t know why. Why? Because he says stupid things? Because he’s a big guy who says stupid things? It doesn’t really make much sense for me.

“Even because he doesn’t deserve to fight for the title. He has no record for that. Also, because, man, he was out because USADA took him out. Not because he wants. USADA took him out and now he’s gonna come back and fight for the title. If MMA is a sport, a real sport, it doesn’t make any sense.”

. . .

https://www.mmafighting.com/2018/12...ng-power-hes-a-big-guy-who-says-stupid-things

He doesn't say anything about wanting to fight Lesnar

He is not invited.
FbcW8RN.jpg

JDS is not good on his back.

Brock eventually gets him down. At which point it looks like the second Mir fight.

DC is not a draw, I believe Brock wants the Jon Jones fight

He’s right, it’s unbelievabke that a guy is getting a title shot after an 8 gap without a win. It’s why mma isn’t really a legitimate sport. There should really be some sort of merit-based system for who gets a title shot. Rankings are a joke and the promoter can just toss in whoever is going to make the most money.

they were meant to fight
they did tuf together
jds deserved it more than dc

this was supposed to happen at ufc 131 ....

if it goes down hope it quenches my violence thirst..

He’s right, it’s unbelievabke that a guy is getting a title shot after an 8 gap without a win. It’s why mma isn’t really a legitimate sport. There should really be some sort of merit-based system for who gets a title shot. Rankings are a joke and the promoter can just toss in whoever is going to make the most money.
That's where you are fucking up.

Boxing isn't a legit sport either. Prize fighting is all about money and fight promoters will always take money over legitimacy

He literally didn't say anything about wanting to fight Lesnar. He said he wants to fight DC

That's where you are fucking up.

Boxing isn't a legit sport either. Prize fighting is all about money and fight promoters will always take money over legitimacy
I never said boxing was any better. But if they’re going to try to make it a sport, they need a more legitimate ststem. Could you imagine the NFL just throwing the cowboys into the super bowl because they’re the most popular team?

I never said boxing was any better. But if they’re going to try to make it a sport, they need a more legitimate ststem. Could you imagine the NFL just throwing the cowboys into the super bowl because they’re the most popular team?

Fucking watch it Buddeh! #PatriotsNation

Well I'm a die hard cowboys fan so I'd be down!

If you want these things than you need to totally be supporting the Ali act and be anti ufc. Fighters need a union and the belts cant be decided by the promotion.

Well I'm a die hard cowboys fan so I'd be down!

If you want these things than you need to totally be supporting the Ali act and be anti ufc. Fighters need a union and the belts cant be decided by the promotion.
Hey I’m a cowboys man myself. I don’t know what he right system would be, but I think most of us agree that there’s a better way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back