Who is the most famous MMA figure?

A few good ones in here.

1. Rogan
2. Conor
3. Chuck

Yeah but the people who would know Rogan and not Conor are the people who only know him as the fear factor guy as there's no way someone who listens to his podcast or watches MMA doesn't know who Conor is.
Tons of people who listen to his podcast have no interest in MMA whatsoever.

Joe Rogan regularly talks about MMA and has MMA guests on his show. Even if MMA isn't the topic or person of interest he's always bringing it up in conversation. There's no way anyone that watches his show regularly wouldn't know of Conor even if they don't watch MMA. The only place Joe Rogan is regularly making the news is American news. The last time I remember him making news outside of USA was the whole controversy regarding him saying the N word. I honestly don't remember anything else since then or prior. Yes I do believe all the people who reacted to his podcast with Tucker know who Conor is because Tucker's demographic is literally apart of the same demographic that watches MMA.

Tucker has a much larger demographic than the MMA fanbase. People on all sides reacted to that podcast. People I know for a fact know nothing about MMA. He regularly talks to people from all walks of life and most of the time MMA is never brought up.

That's a good question, and I think it would be
Rogan
Conor
Ronda
GSP/Brock/Khabib?

but I'm not quite sure.

Joe Hogan, sadly. He isn't even a fighter, just a guy who makes a living out of talking shit.

That's a good question, and I think it would be
Rogan
Conor
Ronda
GSP/Brock/Khabib?

but I'm not quite sure.

In Europe (live/lived in Italy, Netherlands and Finland) it's Brock by a lot because of WWE. I know a couple of Arabs but it's women and they don't really know Khabib. Massive The Rock fans though.

Tucker has a much larger demographic than the MMA fanbase. People on all sides reacted to that podcast. People I know for a fact know nothing about MMA. He regularly talks to people from all walks of life and most of the time MMA is never brought up.
I don't know about a much larger demographic. Tuckers demographic is literally made up of American right wingers. The people from other sides who reacted to that podcast are not apart of his demographic and are not the ones regularly listening to him and supporting him. I've yet to see a single person online who has brought up Tucker that wasn't a right winger. MMA has a much bigger demographic in comparison. My point is that Rogan still does bring up MMA at times even if he's talking to someone who knows nothing about it if something about MMA or someone apart of it can relate to whatever they're talking about. So there's always chances that someone who listens to Rogan weekly, even going as far as to skip the MMA episodes will hear about MMA or Conor at some point. Not to mention Conor is bigger than MMA at this point. He's been in commercials, boxed with Floyd and is now starring in movies. Someone doesn't need to be an MMA fan or even be in tune with it to know who the guy is anymore.

You should say who is the 3rd most popular fighter.conor and khabib are household

I don't know about a much larger demographic. Tuckers demographic is literally made up of American right wingers. The people from other sides who reacted to that podcast are not apart of his demographic and are not the ones regularly listening to him and supporting him. I've yet to see a single person online who has brought up Tucker that wasn't a right winger. MMA has a much bigger demographic in comparison. My point is that Rogan still does bring up MMA at times even if he's talking to someone who knows nothing about it if something about MMA or someone apart of it can relate to whatever they're talking about. So there's always chances that someone who listens to Rogan weekly, even going as far as to skip the MMA episodes will hear about MMA or Conor at some point. Not to mention Conor is bigger than MMA at this point. He's been in commercials, boxed with Floyd and is now starring in movies. Someone doesn't need to be an MMA fan or even be in tune with it to know who the guy is anymore.

When Tucker was on Fox he was pulling far bigger ratings than UFC cards. And it's not just right wingers who watch Tucker:

I know more casuals that know Brock Lesnar and Jon Jones than conor. I'm not being facetious at all.
Brock is a WWE super star. Of course more casuals will know him. Jon Jones on the other hand is surprising.

Tons of people who listen to his podcast have no interest in MMA whatsoever.
Even if someone isn't a fan of MMA and listens to his podcast. They are bound to hear about MMA and Conor at some point unless they skill the MMA episodes but even then. Joe still brings up MMA sometimes in his episodes where MMA isn't the topic so they would be hard pressed to not hear about Conor at some point, especially considering Conor is bigger than MMA now.

Muhammad Ali

Come on fellas.
Ali was WORLD famous.
(Not niche sport famous)
People have been making books and fil.m about him. Including a blockbuster in "Ali" which came out 5 decades after Ali came on the scene.

How famous do you suppose Conor will be in 2050 or 2060??

Ask any adult not even boxing fans or sports fans, ANYONE over age 30
(and a decent amount younger)

Who is the boxer that said "float like a butterfly, sting like a bee?

When Ali was on top, he was not just on top of HW boxing (golden era)
He was on top of THE WORLD.

Stars.shined WAY brighter without all the current noise pollution.

Last edited:
So the most famous person to ever be involved with MMA is either Conor McGregor or Joe Rogan.

Who is more famous between those two?

Also, who is more embarrassing for MMA to be associated with?

Rogan is super famous but perhaps not in Europe where McGregor seems to be in the news a fair bit for throwing people off his yacht or whatever.

Rogan mostly gets in the news for denying the moon landing or propping up the conspiracy theory of the week

Who is bigger and why?
Pretty easy question. It's Dana White.

When Tucker was on Fox he was pulling far bigger ratings than UFC cards. And it's not just right wingers who watch Tucker:

Fair enough. I can't dispute that but even still, it would be hard for you to deny that there is quite a bit of overlap when it comes to UFC, Rogan and Tucker, so someone to watch Rogan or Tucker and not know who Conor is are probably not that common.

Using the totally reliable metric of social media followers, Conor is the most famous, followed by Khabib.

Brock is a WWE super star. Of course more casuals will know him. Jon Jones on the other hand is surprising.

Even if someone isn't a fan of MMA and listens to his podcast. They are bound to hear about MMA and Conor at some point unless they skill the MMA episodes but even then. Joe still brings up MMA sometimes in his episodes where MMA isn't the topic so they would be hard pressed to not hear about Conor at some point, especially considering Conor is bigger than MMA now.
Sure, but there are people from completely different spheres who have heard of Rogan. Every politically-minded person is aware of Rogan. He's arguably the biggest and most influential podcaster in the entire world.

I feel like Rogan is fully entrenched in the mainstream. Conor McGregor is very famous for an MMA fighter but he's still on the fringe of the mainstream.

Fair enough. I can't dispute that but even still, it would be hard for you to deny that there is quite a bit of overlap when it comes to UFC, Rogan and Tucker, so someone to watch Rogan or Tucker and not know who Conor is are probably not that common.
There are millions of Tucker Carlson fans who have never heard of Conor McGregor. He is very popular with very old people.

Back