Who is the most famous MMA figure?

Khabib, Conor or Brock. Probably Brock. I honestly think Khabib might be more world-famous than Conor, due to being one of the few prominent Muslim athletes. I think some random Christian in Uganda or Argentina won't know or care about Conor's success (despite Conor being Christian) but random Muslims in any country will have some interest in there being a Muslim who's considered the "best fighter".

I don't think Joe Rogan is that famous. Like I ordered a taxi in pre-covid 2020 - the taxi was a jaguar, which is an unusally executive car for a taxi. The driver was telling me about how he used to be a Formula 1 composite engineer (without a degree, but now it needs a degree) and follows a carnivore diet, his daughter is vegetarian and his young son wants to do carnivore but his wife won't allow it yet. I asked him if he watches Joe Rogan and he told me he didn't know who that is, but he'll look him up.

If a middle-aged carnivore didn't know who Joe is, I don't think he's that famous.
Rogan over Khabib for sure in the states. My dad knows who Rogan is and he hardly knows anything about MMA.

People only know of Khabib because of his match with Conor so I'd argue that Conor edges him out.

So the most famous person to ever be involved with MMA is either Conor McGregor or Joe Rogan.

Who is more famous between those two?

Also, who is more embarrassing for MMA to be associated with?

Rogan is super famous but perhaps not in Europe where McGregor seems to be in the news a fair bit for throwing people off his yacht or whatever.

Rogan mostly gets in the news for denying the moon landing or propping up the conspiracy theory of the week

Who is bigger and why?
I would say Conor over Rogan. Rogan is famous for comedy and podcasting before MMA and is only loosely associated with MMA by casuals/outsiders.

Brock and Shamrock will always be considered popular via pro wrestling.

1.) Dana White
2.) Conor
3.) Ronda
4.) Tito/Chuck/Shamrock tie
5.) everyone else

Rogan by a country mile. My mum knows who Rogan is, probably has only heard of McGregor in passing 8 years ago when he actually fought.

I'd say probably Rogan -- he seems to be known among all demographics. He's a comedian, former reality TV host, and UFC commentator as well as host of the most successful podcast available. He is probably one of the most well known persons around in entertainment.

If you want to count non-pro fighters then it's prob Bruce Lee.

Everyone who know McGregor also knows Rogan, but there are lots of people who know Rogan but not McGregor.
Yeah but the people who would know Rogan and not Conor are the people who only know him as the fear factor guy as there's no way someone who listens to his podcast or watches MMA doesn't know who Conor is.

Yeah but the people who would know Rogan and not Conor are the people who only know him as the fear factor guy as there's no way someone who listens to his podcast or watches MMA doesn't know who Conor is. Does that even really count at that point?

Rogan is way bigger than Fear Factor at this point. Random shit he says on his podcast regularly makes the news. Tons of people watch his podcast who don't follow MMA. You really think all the people who reacted to his podcast with Tucker Carlson know who Conor is?

Rogan is famous outside of MMA, Conor is not.
Not true sorry. Maybe in the US but not the rest of the world.

Walk down the streets here in the UK and ask anybody if they know Joe Rogan. Most of them would say no.

But ask the same people if they know Conor Mcgregor and they will all say yes. Because Conor been on mainstream TV and news a lot over the years. Everybody has heard of him. His highlights are all over social media globally.

Easily Rogan
He had a whole movement trying to cancel him
Shit is crazy yo

Not true sorry. Maybe in the US but not the rest of the world.

Walk down the streets here in the UK and ask anybody if they know Joe Rogan. Most of them would say no.

But ask the same people if they know Conor Mcgregor and they will all say yes. Because Conor been on mainstream TV and news a lot over the years. Everybody has heard of him. His highlights are all over social media globally.
Your biggest papers are The Sun and Daily Mail right? Because they have run loads of articles about Rogan.

Your biggest papers are The Sun and Daily Mail right? Because they have run loads of articles about Rogan.

I know a bunch of people in my age range (early 30s) who know who Joe Rogan is. The question TS is asking is actually a really good one because I don't think there's a clear answer.

Joe Rogan is definitely known in Europe too.

They may have wrote a lot about Rogan. Doesn't mean people actually go and read about it or are interested. Daily mail has a global audience these days. But the Brits are more interested in reality tv stars and sports people. Trust me the rest of the world is not into Rogan as much as the US. And I love Rogan being a brit but I know the people in my country and also Europe.

Athletes are a lot more popular than a comedian/podcasters.

Just like soccer players may not be big in the US but the rest of the world is absolutely obsessed with them. Conor on a global scale is almost as well known as some of the most famous soccer players. Trust me man I know UK and Europe. Rogan is hardly known here except to hard-core fans.

Anyway it's simple maths. Like I said earlier if you were to go down a street and ask 10 people. Maybe 2 would know Rogan but all 10 will know Conor. This is in the UK and Europe I swear. In the US I understand the results would differ.

The same how most Europeans will not know who Tucker Carlson is despite him being featured in articles on European websites. He just not as famous as in the US where nearly everybody has heard of him.

Rogan is way bigger than Fear Factor at this point. Random shit he says on his podcast regularly makes the news. Tons of people watch his podcast who don't follow MMA. You really think all the people who reacted to his podcast with Tucker Carlson know who Conor is?
Joe Rogan regularly talks about MMA and has MMA guests on his show. Even if MMA isn't the topic or person of interest he's always bringing it up in conversation. There's no way anyone that watches his show regularly wouldn't know of Conor even if they don't watch MMA. The only place Joe Rogan is regularly making the news is American news. The last time I remember him making news outside of USA was the whole controversy regarding him saying the N word. I honestly don't remember anything else since then or prior. Yes I do believe all the people who reacted to his podcast with Tucker know who Conor is because Tucker's demographic is literally apart of the same demographic that watches MMA.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cehuff
Back