Who is the most famous MMA figure?

Rogan is way more known that you might think in Europe; at least in my circles (sub-30 academics mostly) he's infamous for being a fascist (I know he isn't, I know he's just an idiot, don't shoot the messenger) and for the memes. I know a couple of fans of the podcast but all stopped listening around covid, I assume because he was saying wild shit about it.
I'm not sure brainwashed tankie crackpots in higher ed calling someone a fascist is necessarily the best indicator of fame.

They aren't what I would call representative of the general populace, who happen to be sane.

I'm not sure brainwashed tankie crackpots in higher ed calling someone a fascist is necessarily the best indicator of fame.

They aren't what I would call representative of the general populace, who happen to be sane.

Show me on the doll where the bad researcher touched you

Sorry, I forget you said the tankie crackpots were your crowd.
You_Keep_Using_That_Word_meme_banner.jpg

Conor is more famous, they are both extremely embarrassing to be associated with, but no one really ever assumes you're a fan of either just knowing you follow MMA.

On top of that, be more confident brother, even if you're a fan of some shitty guy just own it, it's not like you murdered anyone.

Ha

I have mixed feelings about both. Just is what it is

Do you know what the word tankie means? Doesn't seem like the appropriate term for the people you are attempting to describe.
Far left communist authoritarians that call a man who voted for Bernie Sanders a fascist? Academia is swimming with them.

Jake Shield is probably fairly popular today too and not for fighting unfortunately...

Nah he is right about that tankie bit, I'm a radical left guy. 99.9% of people I do research with aren't by a long shot though.

They support Russia and China? From what I can tell any support for Russia has evaporated on the left since 2016.

If you take away non fighters (Joe rogan) and inflated ig accounts with biught followers (conor), it would probably be khabib

Conor.

Not everyone follows or care about podcasts...but they'll still know Conor.

There's probably poor people in a third world country who don't got tv that heard of Conor or seen a picture of him or something

Rogan continues to be famous since he has a podcast where he talks just about anything there. He invites people who are also very popular. This guy has a serious cash cow and is not even banned or canceled. He kiss asses lol

Khabib, Conor or Brock. Probably Brock. I honestly think Khabib might be more world-famous than Conor, due to being one of the few prominent Muslim athletes. I think some random Christian in Uganda or Argentina won't know or care about Conor's success (despite Conor being Christian) but random Muslims in any country will have some interest in there being a Muslim who's considered the "best fighter". Actually, I'd put Khabib above Brock.

I don't think Joe Rogan is that famous. Like I ordered a taxi in pre-covid 2020 - the taxi was a jaguar, which is an unusally executive car for a taxi. The driver was telling me about how he used to be a Formula 1 composite engineer (without a degree, but now it needs a degree) and follows a carnivore diet, his daughter is vegetarian and his young son wants to do carnivore but his wife won't allow it yet. I asked him if he watches Joe Rogan and he told me he didn't know who that is, but he'll look him up.

If a middle-aged carnivore didn't know who Joe is, I don't think he's that famous.

Back