Stomps are illegal but...

You do know they knee bodies in side control? Trolling or stupid? Just can't knee, or kick the head.
Not trolling. Not stupid. I also won't call you a troll or stupid for missing that a Stomp is not kneeing or kicking. As I posted earlier in this thread I found in the Unified Rules:

Stomping is a foul as per the Unified Rules however it appears foot stomps are OK but not if they are a grounded opponent.

13. *Stomping of a grounded fighter: Stomping is considered any type of striking action with the feet where the fighter lifts their leg up bending their leg at the knee and initiating a striking action with the bottom of their foot or heel. (Note) Axe kicks are not stomps. Standing foot stops are NOT a foul. As such, this foul does not include stomping the feet of a standing fighter. *” A grounded fighter is defined as: Any part of the body, other than a single hand and soles of the feet touching the fighting area floor. To be grounded, both hands palm/fist down, and/or any other body part must be touching the fighting area floor. It needs to be clear to all fighters that once an opponent has become grounded, Stomps of any kind are not permitted, even to the feet.

I gotta say, I'm a bit surprised. How is it a revelation to some users here that I know have been watching this company a long time and not realized that all the times they see a guy standing in front of a guy on the ground, why they never stomped them? I feel like a lot of the time a guy throws an axe kick in that situation, it's mentioned why they do so. This isn't new nor is it a problem of unified rules either. Stomping a guy on the floor has never been a thing in the UFC, since like the ballpunch days ended

You do know they knee bodies in side control? Trolling or stupid? Just can't knee, or kick the head.
Ironically, your post is stupid

Last edited:
It’s the Chris. He was the OG. Also perfected it
Sir, he's still my boy. And I didn't see that fight.
So it's got to be the Aljo for me. Who never was my friend

And in the case of Rose-Andrade, even a piledriver would have been legal because it was during a submission attempt.

I think this is the most 'if he dies, he dies' of all the enduring MMA rules, even though it is logical (person going for sub needs to protect themselves).

9bim7cznz4i41.gif

Here's the only example I can think of a piledriver defense (and even this isn't quite vertical), but as you said, it's perfectly legal. Jones even gives him a pair of extra bops against the cage for good measure.

I gotta say, I'm a bit surprised. How is it a revelation to some users here that I know have been watching this company a long time and not realized that all the times they see a guy standing in front of a guy on the ground, why they never stomped them? I feel like a lot of the time a guy throws an axe kick in that situation, it's mentioned why they do so. This isn't new nor is it a problem of unified rules either. Stomping a guy on the floor has never been a thing in the UFC, since like the ballpunch days ended

K

Would you like to elaborate ma'am?

Would you like me to do it in one post or two?

You see, knees and stomps aren't the same thing. I don't know if your inability to tell the difference is because you're trolling or stupid, so I just picked one. How'd I do? Was I right?
I don't know why you're so hostile lady. But I differentiated from head to body. Why would you be able to kick every part of an opponents body with exception for the head when they are "downed" and not stomp their feet? Actually fuck you and your hostile attitude. Go do something productive you imbecile.

I don't know why you're so hostile lady. But I differentiated from head to body. Why would you be able to kick every part of an opponents body with exception for the head when they are "downed" and not stomp their feet? Actually fuck you and your hostile attitude. Go do something productive you imbecile.
Stomps don't differentiate. That's why the thread exists. It was explained multiple times before you got here and was known for years by people who rewatch good sport well before this thread was posted.

You called someone stupid and got called stupid for it and now you're being a bitch. I find teaching productive and now maybe you can learn a lesson about hostility and hypocrisy

Stomps don't differentiate. That's why the thread exists. It was explained multiple times before you got here and was known for years by people who rewatch good sport well before this thread was posted.

You called someone stupid and got called stupid for it and now you're being a bitch. I find teaching productive and now maybe you can learn a lesson about hostility and hypocrisy
Is an axe kick to the sternum or stomach while someone is flat on their back not a stomp? Throw as many words as you want and be sassy. But my point still stands. Watch a fight and stfu.

Is an axe kick to the sternum or stomach while someone is flat on their back not a stomp?
No. The rules do note them differently. Specifically states you can axe kick, which is why fighters always do them. It's not cuz it looks cool. It's cuz they can't stomp

Throw as many words as you want and be sassy. But my point still stands. Watch a fight and stfu.
Apparently you should watch more fights since you're clueless. And read more of the threads you reply to so you don't look stupid when trying to call out other people.

And thus MY point still stands. How are there this many of you that didn't know this rule? I feel like I'm taking crazy pills.

No. The rules do note them differently. Specifically states you can axe kick, which is why fighters always do them. It's not cuz it looks cool. It's cuz they can't stomp

Apparently you should watch more fights since you're clueless. And read more of the threads you reply to so you don't look stupid when trying to call out other people.

And thus MY point still stands. How are there this many of you that didn't know this rule? I feel like I'm taking crazy pills.
How is hitting someone with a heel during a stomp any different frome an axe kick. You're arguing to just say "I won". You need a man in your life to correct your completely stupid and overall hostile mentality. Reply away. Not going to respond to someone so fucking stupid and childish about an equally stupid question. And your defense of the stupid question makes me wonder if you've been Diddy'd. Bye Felicia.

How is hitting someone with a heel during a stomp any different frome an axe kick. You're arguing to just say "I won". You need a man in your life to correct your completely stupid and overall hostile mentality. Reply away. Not going to respond to someone so fucking stupid and childish about an equally stupid question. And your defense of the stupid question makes me wonder if you've been Diddy'd. Bye Felicia.
The action of the leg is much different. Provides different structure and a different arc.

I'm not arguing FOR the rule, just that it exists and always has, and instead of admitting your ignorance, you were an asshole about it, and doubling down on your ignorance to save face, and pretending your stubbornness is somehow manly, but my whole "correcting you on facts and your shitty attitude" is somehow womanly.

The fact you still think the question is stupid makes me feel like you think we WROTE the rule, just cuz we actually had the ability to read it, which you seemingly lack.

Let's start from the start.

You cannot stomp a grounded opponent, period.
Since fighters like to game the grounded rule with a hand down, that would mean you cannot stomp their hand, right?

Feel free to join in to the discussion finally. Or continue to be an idiot. Whatever works for you.

This is seriously one of the saddest experiences I've ever seen on this forum.
"What are you stupid?"
"No, you are."
"....
crying-tears.gif

I'M A MAAAN"

Seriously check a mirror, friend

Really dumb that stomps aren't allowed to the body, but soccer kicks, knees and axe kicks (rightfully) are. It's not like stomps to the body are uniquely dangerous. And it's not like they give you big damage for minimal risk or minimal skill compared to other legal situations.

You can stomp your feet in anger and do a rhythmic dance.

As long as your not hitting the head ...of a grounded opponent with your kicks or knees or stomps... everything else is legal...

People should start stomping on hands When your opponent is doing the AlJO..

Could also just punch the shit out of them too with uppercuts and body shots... Its not really a hard position to deal with...you dont need headkicks or knees to the head from there...would be nice but you can still do damage from there and ur opponent is still in a weak position
I wanna see someone try to implement "hand punching" as a techniqure in the next card I watch.

Really dumb that stomps aren't allowed to the body, but soccer kicks, knees and axe kicks (rightfully) are. It's not like stomps to the body are uniquely dangerous. And it's not like they give you big damage for minimal risk or minimal skill compared to other legal situations.
Kinda do though. The others all have some amount of give and aren't supported by your full gravity assisted weight. I feel like force and damage are not even a question comparing stomps to the others.

I still think it's dumb and you should be able to attack the body in full, but there's a world of difference

The action of the leg is much different. Provides different structure and a different arc.

I'm not arguing FOR the rule, just that it exists and always has, and instead of admitting your ignorance, you were an asshole about it, and doubling down on your ignorance to save face, and pretending your stubbornness is somehow manly, but my whole "correcting you on facts and your shitty attitude" is somehow womanly.

The fact you still think the question is stupid makes me feel like you think we WROTE the rule, just cuz we actually had the ability to read it, which you seemingly lack.

Let's start from the start.

You cannot stomp a grounded opponent, period.
Since fighters like to game the grounded rule with a hand down, that would mean you cannot stomp their hand, right?

Feel free to join in to the discussion finally. Or continue to be an idiot. Whatever works for you.

This is seriously one of the saddest experiences I've ever seen on this forum.
"What are you stupid?"
"No, you are."
"....
crying-tears.gif

I'M A MAAAN"

Seriously check a mirror, friend
I actually understood that. Maybe after taking a break and not looking at our conversation as a fight. But I get your point of view. Cheers MAN. Sorry didn't see that last bit. Edited.

Back