Jon Jones is a fraud! khabib is the GOAT

Every now and then a thread on Sherdog pops up that when I read it I think to myself "wow, at least I'm not that fucking stupid"

This is one of those threads.

Prime Khabib looked over at Prime Jones with a sweaty glare. He was powerful. He was different. So many people have tried themselves against the two men, but they had never felt each other. Never felt the other's power. The sleek, long body of Prime Jones came arrogantly toward the taut, steely frame of Prime Khabib. Prime Khabib looked up, feeling a slight tension even though he feared no man. They did not need to speak. As soon as they locked eyes they both knew. This was it. Prime Jones exhaled and smiled, before quickly tensing up and going serious. Prime Khabib took a strong stance, prepared for the body of the other man. The adrenaline was pumping inside the men as they made contact. Chest to heaving chest. Their breath as close as lovers. But this was not about love. This was about the body. Prime Khabib put his hand on the hip of Prime Jones, his little and middle finger sliding inside the waistband. Prime Khabib felt a chill at the back of his neck, something he hadn't felt since... No, it couldn't be true. This wasn't part of the plan. The two men were furiously embracing

Sorry, you were saying...?

retard_alert_by_laylacartman-d54ycae.gif
Thinking either is goat deserves a retard alert

Most fighters that people consider to be GOATs have lots of wins that can be down-played. It's why they went undefeated for so long, because they generally were fighting fighters who were either not that good, inexperienced or past their prime.

MMA fans are like boxing fans where if a fighter loses 1 fight they are quickly irrelevant to the GOAT discussion. Even if that fighter fought way harder competition than another, as long as there's a long undefeated streak then it simply doesn't matter. A guy who went 30-0 fighting decent/good competition is considered a way better historically than a guy who went 27-3 and fought the very best of the best.

And beyond even that, a guy who goes 5-0 by razor-thin decisions is somehow considered better than a fighter who goes 4-1 with 4 KO wins and a split decision loss.

There is no one more overrated than Khabib in MMA. I truly believe that. Only one I could consider close to that is Ben Askren
Yeah, and I think Askren's hype train derailed hard in the UFC. There were still a few saying "prime" Askren (who barely beat Jay Hieron) would've done much better, but no one who watched the sport in that era should believe that. GSP, Koscheck, Palhares, Hendricks, Shields, Maia, etc....lots of bad match-ups for a non-athletic, one-dimensional wrestler.

Rampage had knee issues and he was past prime by the time he fought jones. Rashad and machida were good wins but jones had a huge size advantage and was on roids, machida and Rashad are natural middleweights like everyone jones fought besides Reyes and Gus
Rampage's "knee issues" were one of many excuses he used. That one came up whenever anyone kicked his legs (which he never checked). He cried about that after the Forrest and Jones' fights.

Alright, let's settle this once and for all: Jon Jones is the most overrated fighter in MMA history. The REAL GOAT is Khabib Nurmagomedov, and if you don't agree, you're delusional.

1. **Weak Competition:** Jones fought a bunch of washed-up legends and got lucky. Half of his "greatest hits" were against guys who should've retired years ago. Meanwhile, Khabib dominated killers in their prime like Conor, Dustin, and Gaethje. Get real.

2. **Undefeated vs. Paper Champ:** Khabib retired with a flawless 29-0 record, making everyone he fought look like amateurs. Jones? He’s got that DQ loss and let's not forget those sketchy decisions that could've easily gone the other way. Yeah, I said it.

3. **Behavior Matters:** Khabib is a role model, plain and simple. Jones? He’s a walking disaster. DUIs, hit-and-runs, failed drug tests... you name it, he's done it. The guy’s a trainwreck, and it’s embarrassing.

4. **Skills:** Sure, Jones is versatile, but Khabib’s grappling is next-level. Nobody—and I mean nobody—could handle him on the ground. Watching Khabib fight was like watching a lion play with its prey.

5. **Impact:** Khabib’s got fans worldwide, especially in the Muslim community. He brought a whole new audience to MMA. Jones? He's too busy ruining his own legacy to make any real impact.

So let's cut the crap and give Khabib the credit he deserves. Jon Jones might be good, but he’s no GOAT. Come at me, Sherdog. Let’s hear your excuses for Jones.
I despise Jones but respect what he accomplished, though there is a huge asterisk because he is a steroid cheat.
A few thoughts on your points:
1. DC, Rashad, Shogun, and Machida are all elite wins. Far better that Dustin, Justin, and Conor.
2. Khabib arguably lost against Tibau. Surely wasn’t dominant in the slightest.
4. Jones is more than just versatile. He is elite in most, if not all areas, except for boxing. He outstruck elite strikers, outwrestled DC, outgrappled BJJ Blackbelts, and outcardio’d everyone. Even in boxing range, he would use elbows like jabs and his Clinch game was 2nd to none. Also, he is a mean SOB. He has no issue kicking your knee back ala Rampage or torquing your shoulder off like Glover.
If there’s one area you missed, it’s that Jon commits fouls purposefully and often. But that is expected from a degenerate, steroid cheat.

Last edited:
THE GOAT HAS A NAME

CHARLES DE BRONX OLIVIERA

I think the last time I tried to do a GOAT list it was

1. GSP
2. Jones
3. Anderson
4. Fedor
5. Mighty Mouse
6. Aldo
7. Khabib
8. DC

After that Izzy, Holloway, Volk, Stipe, Usman, Cruz, Hendo, Nog, Hughes, Cejudo, Penn etc. I'm not sure how to put'em. Fedor is an odd one too, I could see him below everyone on that top 8 list depending on how you see it. I think Islam will be in this equation soon, if he beats Poirier and Arman II, if he goes up and wins 170lb...dudes probably top 4. OMalley if he can beat Merab and then the winner of Sandhagen/Umar he can very likely get a spot on the top 10-15 already too. Topuria is similar for me, if he faces Max next and wins and then Evloev? He's top 10-15. But we will see.

Like I said, depending on how you see Dodson and Benavidez. To me? Dodson would be a 50-60% win rate vs the top 10 of today and some of the prospects, even in his prime at 125. Benavidez I feel somewhat similar about, he was good he'd be a top 10 guy but not someone who made waves and would need a streak vs the right guys to even get a title shot....but also a tough night for most guys. Bagautinov didn't age well at all, roiding means nothing, Bagautinov has very few good wins in his entire career. Kyoji is a huge win but he was super green, 23-24 was too young FOR HIM, he and his gym asked the UFC to decline the title fight and they said he'd never get another opportunity if he turned it down and that he had to take it...the division has evolved a lot because he didn't exist until midway through Mighty Mouses career.

Eras do matter and how wins age do matter, there's a difference between beating Jake Shields when he was on a 14 fight win streak, top 10 p4p, had wins over guys like Okami, Hendo, Condit, Lawler, Sakurai etc and then Jake getting kinda older and falling off...that win aged fine, because Jake was a great and in his prime and then fell off but his wins and who he was, was undeniable. Bagautinov was decent and had a couple good wins vs Eliot and Lineker but he did get exposed...he wasn't the Worldbeater we had hoped...win didn't age well, turned out he wasn't all that.

Anyways, not really arguing just sharing.
Why is Anderson ahead of mighty mouse?

Moraga, Reis, Borg, McCall, cariaso don't count as good defenses but cote, laties, Maia, marquardt, okami do?

Again not arguing with you as this really is a matter of perspective and a game of inches I agree that eras matter, but I don't think any of those Silva opponents I've listed would rank in today's mw. I also think of those too paralell lists I've made, mighty mouse beats his lesser competition more convincingly, with a similar finish rate too

Why is Anderson ahead of mighty mouse?

Moraga, Reis, Borg, McCall, cariaso don't count as good defenses but cote, laties, Maia, marquardt, okami do?

Again not arguing with you as this really is a matter of perspective and a game of inches I agree that eras matter, but I don't think any of those Silva opponents I've listed would rank in today's mw. I also think of those too paralell lists I've made, mighty mouse beats his lesser competition more convincingly, with a similar finish rate too

I'd consider Okami in his prime easily a top 10 MW by today's standards. Think he beats guys like Allen and Hermansson for sure. Maia is an odd one, the dude always over achieved but was for sure meant to be a 170lber. I think Marquardt in his hay day is another guy I'd favor over some top 10 dudes of today Imavov, Dolidze, Allen, Costa I think all those could be competitive. Leites I thought beat Bisping, he's nothing special but definitely a guy who could hang...easily Brendan Allen level. Cote was indeed terrible. Andersons best wins are fairly significant though, Sakurai, Hendo, Franklin, Sonnen, Belfort and plus going up in weight and just the length of his reign and amazing moments he contributed. For sure, to me, his resume is better. But yeah, guys like Leites, Marquardt, Maia, Okami are for sure better names than Reis, McCall, Cariaso, Elliot, Moraga etc. If you ask me, easily.

The GOAT with 3 title defences and probably 4-5 truly great wins on his whole record (and that's being kind).

Yeah, no.
Sorry, buddy, lol.

You do realize Johnson beat the shit out of Barboza eh

ok so i guess beating Johnson is bigger feat than beating Poirier for Khabib?
since johnson knocked poirier's ass out first round...

great logic.

Alright, let's settle this once and for all: Jon Jones is the most overrated fighter in MMA history. The REAL GOAT is Khabib Nurmagomedov, and if you don't agree, you're delusional.

1. **Weak Competition:** Jones fought a bunch of washed-up legends and got lucky. Half of his "greatest hits" were against guys who should've retired years ago. Meanwhile, Khabib dominated killers in their prime like Conor, Dustin, and Gaethje. Get real.

2. **Undefeated vs. Paper Champ:** Khabib retired with a flawless 29-0 record, making everyone he fought look like amateurs. Jones? He’s got that DQ loss and let's not forget those sketchy decisions that could've easily gone the other way. Yeah, I said it.

3. **Behavior Matters:** Khabib is a role model, plain and simple. Jones? He’s a walking disaster. DUIs, hit-and-runs, failed drug tests... you name it, he's done it. The guy’s a trainwreck, and it’s embarrassing.

4. **Skills:** Sure, Jones is versatile, but Khabib’s grappling is next-level. Nobody—and I mean nobody—could handle him on the ground. Watching Khabib fight was like watching a lion play with its prey.

5. **Impact:** Khabib’s got fans worldwide, especially in the Muslim community. He brought a whole new audience to MMA. Jones? He's too busy ruining his own legacy to make any real impact.

So let's cut the crap and give Khabib the credit he deserves. Jon Jones might be good, but he’s no GOAT. Come at me, Sherdog. Let’s hear your excuses for Jones.

Have you seen khabibs first 15 opponents... Straight Boo boo. Heck I have Aldo above Khabib because he was fighting way better competition early on and held the wec title and UFC title for way longer..

Jones never retired in his prime.

Back