Media Jon Jones CONFIRMS Retirement After Stipe Fight "Im Gonna Beat The Old Man And Ride Off Into Sunset"

I wholeheartedly respect your stance and the fan in me always wants to see the best fight the best. I want to see Jones perform against the greatest HW’s that the current landscape has to offer. The other part of me respects the body of work Jones has given us and I respect the fact that it is prize fighting. I won’t vilify the guy for taking the bag against a legend in Stipe rather than fighting Tom (possibly making less money in the process) who is the best HW in the UFC’s current roster and a young killer who’s relatively unknown to casuals. It is prize fighting and Jones is an older fighter (especially in fight miles) who is coming off a torn pec. He stands to gain so much more from riding off into the sunset with a win over Stipe then a relatively shallow record Aspinall both financially and legacy wise.

If jones retired today he goes down as the greatest to ever grace a cage. All of this is just the strawberry on top.

I personally want to see both fights equally. Most are critical of the Stipe fight, I myself think it's a good fight and really want to see it and before Tom. But I do really wanna see the Tom fight right after.

TBH, I like the idea of him just leaving out after this gimmick fight. At least, this cheating PED user won't taint and pollute any more serious fighter's record before being done.

No, the other poster compared them, and I pointed out that Jon is less active than Khabib was. He was active for the first several years and was even finishing his fights against MWs until Gus turned him into the elephant man and made him get wheeled out of the arena on a stretcher, and he's spent the 11 years since fighting less than once/year and winning lackluster decisions with one of his few finishes getting overturned because of he was juiced to the gills on Tbol.

But the thing is that Khabib is not more active than Jon at all. From the time Khabib was signed to the UFC and an active fighter, 2011 to 2020, both Khabib and Jon have 13 fights. And as I pointed out, Khabib was a prospect and moving up the ranks, while Jon was a champion the whole time. Khabib should have had more fights than Jon, but he didn't. And that is because Khabib was not an active fighter.

Stipe, win or lose, is everything Jon never was...a real man of courage.

Retirement of Jon will be great to stop UFC's slimy practice of protecting him.​

Stipe, win or lose, is everything Jon never was...a real man of courage.

Retirement of Jon will be great to stop UFC's slimy practice of protecting him.​
Yea if he gets in trouble after that, UFC aint returnin his calls.

TBH, I like the idea of him just leaving out after this gimmick fight. At least, this cheating PED user won't taint and pollute any more serious fighter's record before being done.
Just taking too long and holding up the division and for nothing

But the thing is that Khabib is not more active than Jon at all. From the time Khabib was signed to the UFC and an active fighter, 2011 to 2020, both Khabib and Jon have 13 fights. And as I pointed out, Khabib was a prospect and moving up the ranks, while Jon was a champion the whole time. Khabib should have had more fights than Jon, but he didn't. And that is because Khabib was not an active fighter.
Khabib didnt' fight in the UFC in 2011, he started in 2012, and from 2012-2020, Jones has 12 fights and Khabib has 13, and Khabib was out with a knee injury for 2 full year stretch during that time.

Jon's 36 and still has fewer fights than Khabib had at 32

I do not mean to get into the debate but are you really comparing jones record of fights to Khabibs.

Khabib has two round fights on his record and a host of unknown fighters who were not ranked. He is a great fighter but to compare his record outside of the UFC to any of the former reigning divisional champions record in the UFC is asinine.

Jon Jones and the other champions fought for a longer time in the UFC against actual top 30 fighters and tougher competition and those were actually ranked divisional figthers. khabib has actual two round fights on his official record.

Last edited:
Khabib didnt' fight in the UFC in 2011, he started in 2012, and from 2012-2020, Jones has 12 fights and Khabib has 13, and Khabib was out with a knee injury for 2 full year stretch during that time.

Well, I said from the time that Khabib was signed, he was signed in 2011. Khabib fought in Jan of 2012 and Jones fought in Decmeber of 2011, it's a month apart. Jon fought in March 2020 and Khabib in Oct 2020, it evens out. So in that time frame, they both fought 13 times over 9 years. So they are equally active. And like I said, Khabib was the prospect and should have fought more.

Last edited:
I do not mean to get into the debate but are you really comparing jones record of fights to Khabibs.

Khabib has two round fights on his record and a host of unknown fighters who were not ranked. He is a great fighter but to compare his record outside of the UFC to any champions record in the UFC is asinine. The majority of his record are against fighters with no rank.
That's the exact response as like 5 other posters who also didn't bother reading.

The other poster wasn't comparing who they fought, he compared how long they fought and claimed Jon isn't "quitting" like Khabib. They gave up their belts in the same year, but Jon came back for a vacant title fight against a white belt grappler and is cherry picking a senior citizen for his last fight. Would be like Khabib coming back for a "legacy fight" with Anthony Pettis, only Pettis is quite a bit younger than Stipe and has won more recently.

They turned pro the same year, so If you want someone to defend a title for 9 years, then don't wait until they're 30 and haven't lost a round for 10 years to give them a title shot and then tell them to the clock starts now. Winning the title isn't a time machine. The titles in all these divisions change hands so often because because everybody's old before they even get the chance.

The 2 guys Khabib beat last are still top 5 right now and one of them is the next contender. The guys Jon beat for the last several years are either retired or irrelevant. Khabib obviously was never going to fight Islam, he did beat of the guys who are still top 5 years later, and the other is Charles Oliveira who has lost several times to guys doing a lesser version of what Khabib does to everyone.

Well, I said from the time that Khabib was signed, he was signed in 2011. Khabib fought in Jan of 2012 and Jones fought in Decmeber of 2011, it's a month apart. Jon fought in March 2020 and Khabib in Oct 2020, it evens out. So in that time frame, they both fought 13 times over 9 years. So they are equally active. And like I said, Khabib was the prospect and should have fought more.
Neat, Jon had almost as many fights as a guy who was out with an injury for 2 full years.

It's "RIDE off into the sunset"

Stupid Jon Jones.

You can't WALK to the sunset.
You would never get there fast enough.
Duh.
<Y2JSmirk>

Jon is gonna wind up like that photographer that went insane trying to take a close up photo of the horizon.

That's the exact response as like 5 other posters who also didn't bother reading.

The other poster wasn't comparing who they fought, he compared how long they fought and claimed Jon isn't "quitting" like Khabib. They gave up their belts in the same year, but Jon came back for a vacant title fight against a white belt grappler and is cherry picking a senior citizen for his last fight. Would be like Khabib coming back for a "legacy fight" with Anthony Pettis, only Pettis is quite a bit younger than Stipe and has won more recently.

They turned pro the same year, so If you want someone to defend a title for 9 years, then don't wait until they're 30 and haven't lost a round for 10 years to give them a title shot and then tell them to the clock starts now. Winning the title isn't a time machine. The titles in all these divisions change hands so often because because everybody's old before they even get the chance.

The 2 guys Khabib beat last are still top 5 right now and one of them is the next contender. The guys Jon beat for the last several years are either retired or irrelevant. Khabib obviously was never going to fight Islam, he did beat of the guys who are still top 5 years later, and the other is Charles Oliveira who has lost several times to guys doing a lesser version of what Khabib does to everyone.

Neat, Jon had almost as many fights as a guy who was out with an injury for 2 full years.

Just as many my friend, must as many. But that's the point lol. Fighters are inactive because of injuries. You don't get a pass just cause you get injured. Most of the criticism for fighters who are inactive is injuries and pull outs.

Even if I give a break and say 13 vs 12, it's still pretty much the same in 9 years.

Jon Jones has beaten everyone there is and MMA fans want to tarnish his reputation because he doesn't want to fight Tom Aspinall for pennies? People just hate greatness.

So, Jones will fight a retired firefighter for the "undisputed HW championship", and Tom Aspinall will rematch Blaydes in an interim HW championship defense, and fans are just supposed to pretend the UFC isn't a fucking gong show?

Jones doesn't actually have to fight Stipe.... he can just fuck off, retire now and take Dana with him. Jones' apologists can skew it any way they want to help them sleep better at night, but he will forever be known for ducking Ngannou and Aspinall, and when he retires it will be as a disputed champion.

Jon Jones has beaten everyone there is and MMA fans want to tarnish his reputation because he doesn't want to fight Tom Aspinall for pennies? People just hate greatness.
I dont mind he doesnt want to fight Tom. Just give up the belt and get out of the way,

Also he does just fine tarnishing his own reputation, whats left of it anyway.

It's 2024 and people are still mad about Jon Jones lmao. The guys arguably the greatest professional mixed martial artist of all time and he did it in the most degenerate way possible. You don't care about Tom, you care about one last chance to see Jon take a beating because you take his success personal. Get over it.

This 100 %. It's absolute hilarity how many on here are seething over the fact that Jones will likely walk off into the sunset on his own terms, as the GOAT. Stay salty, your hate only makes him stronger.

<JonesLaugh><JonesDXSuckIt>

Back