If Pride had a BMF belt who would have earned it ?

If I were to nominate an original BMF. It would be Wandy. That dude is just a menace, no fvcks given. Fedor was an absolute monster, but not a BMF. Wandy in his prime would have been a marketing dream.

If I were to nominate an original BMF. It would be Wandy. That dude is just a menace, no fvcks given. Fedor was an absolute monster, but not a BMF. Wandy in his prime would have been a marketing dream.
too bad we didnt get igor vs wand back in the day, was dying for that fight, igor was a beast, but too short and small, more of a bmf style of a fighter

Wanderlei? Are people just forgetting you have to actually win the BMF title in a fight or something? It's not just handed to you.

Wanderlei lost/drew with most of the people who he'd be fighting for it, and would lose to most of the other contenders he never fought too.

2002-2004 Wand, 2006 OWGP Cro Cop, and honestly I would even throw in people like Minowa-man, Hidehiko Yoshida, Nastula, Yoon Dong Sik, dudes who were thrown to the wolves for no reason other than "yes," and still were competitive. You had to be a BMF to fight weight discrepancies and then also fight murderers at the height of their games. Mark Hunt too. PRIDE had a lot of BMF'ers. Can't believe I even just wrote that out.

It's Wanderlei and it isn't even remotely close.

22-4-2 in PRIDE with 16 finishes. He had the look, the attitude, the finishes...what the fuck more do you want lol
The ability to beat the other guy he'd be facing for it.

Back