Aspinall vs the past

UFC is very inconsistent when it comes to fighters' real/barefoot height, always added 1-6 inches on its fighters and never measured them in a face/back against the wall position barefoot.
6'1 Mir to 6'3, 5'10-5'11 Carwin to 6"5, 6'2.5 Overeem to 6'5, 6'1.25 Izzy to 6'4, etc...
I’m 6’5” 250

You?

Against Cain Velasquez in his prime, Aspinall suffers the same fate as Big Nog.

Velasquez-quick-KO-Nog.gif

1550y0m.gif

Nog wasn’t shit - never was, just a tough out

I’m 6’5” 250

You?
I measured a while back 185.8 cm which translates to 6'1 1/8, weight a little over 155 lbs aka 72.4 kgs.

I've learned not to trust UFC-WWE height listings, they can change quickly based on the superstar's fame and popularity.

Prime Ubereem I think would be tough.

I see him outstriking DC and Cain.

He's got quick GSP style tds which would be bad for the strikers. They will have a hard enough time with Toms boxing.

I think Stipe could challenge Tom if he wasn't coming off ko plus inactivity

He’s got one DQ and one TKO loss due to his lack of control:
1. Regarding the strikes that he was throwing.
2. Regarding his inability to gauge distance when throwing penetrating leg kicks.

While there’s a damn good chance that he has both deficiencies well in hand, we’ll just have to wait and see.

Against Cain Velasquez in his prime, Aspinall suffers the same fate as Big Nog.

Velasquez-quick-KO-Nog.gif

1550y0m.gif

I love Nog but this finish live and all the way up until today still blows me away. Absolutely savage, this Cain was one of the best HWs we’ll ever see imo.

Nog wasn’t shit - never was, just a tough out
Nog was #1 HW for a while in the early 2000s but Cain faced an out of prime inconsistent version of Nog. I'm not convinced that Cain would look so fast against Aspinall.

Gonna need to see Aspinall for more than a round. It's entirely possible he has a terrible gas tank.

Nog was #1 HW for a while in the early 2000s but Cain faced an out of prime inconsistent version of Nog. I'm not convinced that Cain would look so fast against Aspinall.

More importantly, Nog was never a good boxer. I don't think Cain knocking him out implies he can do the same to strikers. We all saw the fight with Kongo right?

I think Aspinal would lose against everyone of them who can handle a one-two, which is the shot that Aspinall use the most, and the more effective, and it's the way he won most of his fights.

More importantly, Nog was never a good boxer. I don't think Cain knocking him out implies he can do the same to strikers. We all saw the fight with Kongo right?
Ok guy

I'm not a rose tinted glasses guy at all but I think he'd have a pretty patchy record against that list tbh, perhaps more losses than wins. He'd certainly pick up several wins but the only one there that i'd be confident of him wrecking is Randy.

Are you arguing Nog was a good boxer?
Not with someone who only saw him fight in the UFC which is akin to only watching Ali fight Spinx, Berbick and Holmes and concluding that Ali was never any good LOL

Not with someone who only saw him fight in the UFC which is akin to only watching Ali fight Spinx, Berbick and Holmes and concluding that Ali was never any good LOL
Most obviously watch his fight with Sergei who destoryed Rizzo yet Nog was pretty even with him standing.

Honestly I think its hard to gage Aspinall's true level yet as he's not been tested enough, someone like Pav I think we have a pretty good idea of his level but Tom we've seen he';s a great finisher but we've not really see him tested by a quality striker or grappler over a prolonged fight which would deside just how well he would do in past eras.

Most obviously watch his fight with Sergei who destoryed Rizzo yet Nog was pretty even with him standing.

Honestly I think its hard to gage Aspinall's true level yet as he's not been tested enough, someone like Pav I think we have a pretty good idea of his level but Tom we've seen he';s a great finisher but we've not really see him tested by a quality striker or grappler over a prolonged fight which would deside just how well he would do in past eras.
True, he's just winning too quickly and easily. It just shows how bad HW is lol

Back