News Abu Azaitar will fight Denis Tiuliulin at UFC Saudi Arabia on June 22

Who wins?

• Total voters
My little brother out here meeting all the fighters and bringing us a scoop straight from the horses mouth.....wtf are you candy asses doing for us? Lol

Merry Christmas sir.
Much love little brother.
That’s what we do sir;)

Merry Christmas big bro!

Abu was never quite as talented or exciting as his brother (who was a better finisher) in the first place. Now add in the fact that both men have taken multiple losses inside the promotion alongside the PotatoGate clusterfuck and whatever aura of mystique or invincibility they once enjoyed has pretty much evaporated by this point.

Abu never really impressed me to begin with. Very inactive, now in his late 30s, and his only win in the UFC is a Decision over a skidding 40-year-old Vitor Miranda 5+ years ago. Since then he's lost twice in between all his layoffs. Just not much to be excited about. Despite that I'm sure there are probably a few guys he could beat on the roster; he managed to make the Dumas fight reasonably close on the basis of his physicality and flurries alone (plus Dumas isn't really that good). But whatever Brazilian they find for him to fight should at least be somewhat live.

Abu was never quite as talented or exciting as his brother (who was a better finisher) in the first place. Now add in the fact that both men have taken multiple losses inside the promotion alongside the PotatoGate clusterfuck and whatever aura of mystique or invincibility they once enjoyed has pretty much evaporated by this point.

Abu never really impressed me to begin with. Very inactive, now in his late 30s, and his only win in the UFC is a Decision over a skidding 40-year-old Vitor Miranda 5+ years ago. Since then he's lost twice in between all his layoffs. Just not much to be excited about. Despite that I'm sure there are probably a few guys he could beat on the roster; he managed to make the Dumas fight reasonably close on the basis of his physicality and flurries alone (plus Dumas isn't really that good). But whatever Brazilian they find for him to fight should at least be somewhat live.
Do you think Abu would beat someone like Claudio Ribeiro?

Do you think Abu would beat someone like Claudio Ribeiro?

Feels coin-flippy to me. Ribeiro is a bit of a one-trick pony, but he has the raw explosiveness & power to be dangerous even when he's horrendously technically outmatched. Like Abu he also isn't afraid of using his physicality to impose his will on the other guy or to threaten/stuff takedowns.

It would basically be a question of whether to favor the slightly more crafty, proven vet in Abu or the younger, fresher (and arguably more dangerous) guy in Claudio. At this stage of each man's career I would probably favor Claudio by the slimmest of margins TBH. Even when Abu is at his best he's sort of playing into Claudio's hands with his typical gameplan, which doesn't sound advisable to me. I have more faith in Claudio to land something nasty in a scrappy brawl first. Ribeiro has had more notable moments of success even in his recent losing efforts against quality competition than Azaitar has, too.

Last edited:
Back