Zydrunas Savickas

Fedoraba

Animal Power
Reaction score
So I have to take a Public Speaking class this quarter and we have to do an admiration speech. Basically select a person with a trait worthy of admiration, something that would make an interesting speech for a couple of minutes.

So I thought I would do it on Savickas and his determination. Emphasizing the point of how he overcame adversity and came back after his knee injury.

If anyone here could give me some advice of some main points about him I should bring up and the specifics of the injuries he had; that would be great. I

Umm, you could imitate his face while he's doing squats. You know the one, where he puffs his cheeks and lips in and out like a fish.

His determination is all well and good, but somebody else will do Lance Armstrong's and totally blow you away. Lots of athletes come back from injuries, not many come back from cancer to dominate their sport. Make sure you mention his STRENGTH, as that is the trait he is most admired for and few possess.

His determination is all well and good, but somebody else will do Lance Armstrong's and totally blow you away. Lots of athletes come back from injuries, not many come back from cancer to dominate their sport. Make sure you mention his STRENGTH, as that is the trait he is most admired for and few possess.

Physical strength? Could go with that I guess, tho the teacher is a real sap for athletes who come back from injuries.

The thing about Armstrong is a good point, but this is not a competition (my athlete is better than your athlete). You are doing a speech ,about someone you believe is worthy of your admiration. I love watching this guy on espn, besides strongmen don't get enough recognition.

I'm not too familier with his story, good choice though. Strongman need more recognition.

Zydrunas_10.jpg

I wish he still competed in WSM instead of signing to the other strongman promotion. I think he would have had an big effect on the battle Phil Pfister and Pudz had for 1st last year.

I watch IFSA strongman alot, they are really good organization and have some really challenging events. I didn't like how they had the event in the alluminum plant though, making the guys lift when its freezing is not a good idea and many of the athletes were complaining about it.

yeah that comp was crazy theyre dling 700lbs and the bar has no give that has got to suck, plus its ice ass cold there

I wish he still competed in WSM instead of signing to the other strongman promotion. I think he would have had an big effect on the battle Phil Pfister and Pudz had for 1st last year.
Yeah, they would have had to battle for 2nd.

Back