Zuffa's best purchase of another org? (talent wise)

Star wise it's PRIDE, but they were pretty worn out by the time. WEC had some serious stars in the making (Benson being the prime example). Strikeforce sits somewhere in the middle.

So yeah, WEC.

WEC brought over entire weight classes. /thread

BTW, did Zuffa purchase IFL and Affliction? I had no idea, I thought they had just crushed them in business

I'm positive they purchased IFL. With Affliction i thought they did but i can't find a source. I remember reading about Affliction's fighter contracts being absorbed by UFC but i could be remembering wrong. I was almost certain because many were able to come over to the UFC and fight on the UFC 103 card almost immediately after Affliction collapsed. If their contracts weren't just absorbed i dunno how so many of those guys were able to get signed and all debut in the span of a 1-3 months.

Strikeforce shows the most promise and has brought fighters that will undoubtedly deliver. Didn't realize they had so many.

I'm positive they purchased IFL. With Affliction i thought they did but i can't find a source. I remember reading about Affliction's fighter contracts being absorbed by UFC but i could be remembering wrong. I was almost certain because many were able to come over to the UFC and fight on the UFC 103 card almost immediately after Affliction collapsed. If their contracts weren't just absorbed i dunno how so many of those guys were able to get signed and all debut in the span of a 1-3 months.

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh gracias, that explain a lot

Pride and teh WEC are tied IMO. Strikeforce looks like it will be a distant third. Lol at anyone who said Strikeforce is introducing more talent than the WEC.

Does he really have anything other then an enormous amounts of hype behind him? Being an Olympian isn't an automatic good at MMA card.

I would understand your question if you have never seen Cormier fight, so I am going to assume that. Anyway, the dude I quoted said Rousey and Rockhold was the only two big names that came from SF and that is obviously wrong.

Probably WEC. A big part of Pride stars were old and past their primes when they came to UFC.

WEC. Gained a bunch of title holders, contenders, and people who've fought for the title, nevermind all the awesome fights they've gotten out of it. Hell if Chael ends up beating Jones that's 5 WEC vets with belts, 6 if Hendricks also becomes champ. Shoot, Pettis vs. Cowboy could bring in the next title challenger for the 155 belt and both were WEC guys that would be going against a WEC guy in Henderson.

Back