Zuffa's best purchase of another org? (talent wise)

WEC, some of the guys you listed with Pride did not come over in the Pride purchase btw.

WFA

no, but seriously Pride, then WEC, then Strikeforce

BTW, did Zuffa purchase IFL and Affliction? I had no idea, I thought they had just crushed them in business

I thought both Nog and CC were not tied to the sale.

I'd say Pride just because of the range of divisions they had and they also had a lot of fighters ranked above UFC's top guy (HW).

However, it's really really hard not to pick WEC since they not only ushered in new divisions completely but also made LW even more competitive.

Strikeforce is 3rd at best.

I think Pride FC. But I would really have to break it down to give you an accurate assessment.

Pride and Strikeforce brought over the bigger names and legends and were more pivotal in ensuring UFC dominance.

But WEC really added alot of depth to the LW division and made MW not as weak, tho still pretty weak.

Pride and Strikeforce brought over the bigger names and legends and were more pivotal in ensuring UFC dominance.

But WEC really added alot of depth to the LW division and made MW not as weak, tho still pretty weak.

WEC brought champs in three divisions right now (Aldo, Benson, Cruz) so its hard to say they aren't big names.

Proof that the UFC pre-buyouts had weak divisions across the board.

wasnt anderson silva in that pride fc deal?

I would have to say Pride in that when they bought it, it actually rivaled the UFC. You can't say that with the others. And with regard to the lighter weight classes, they got a ton of talent from the two new classes but that is simply because there weren't those divisions in the UFC already.

The WEC. That was easily my favorite out of those too. Chan Sung Jung alone was worth the merger.

Weclogo.jpg

Zuffa didn't purchase this organization, as they were owned by Elite XC and dissolved when Elite XC went bankrupt, but IMHO their best investment/decision was signing then Cage Rage World Middleweight Champion, Anderson Silva.

The wec has had 3 guys win belts since joining the ufc Mighty Mouse, Bendo, and Condit. Not to mention that they brought in 2 dominant champs (Cruz, Aldo,)

WEC, some of the guys you listed with Pride did not come over in the Pride purchase btw.

like who? I'm now realizing Mirko might have not been part of the deal. If theirs others then i guess i was mistaken and you could just throw Wand on the list as well.

Last edited:
Back