Zuffa played it perfectly with Mickey Gall

CM Punk......LOL.......check this video, he cant even execute a kimura the proper way

[yt]

Who needs BJJ when you have pro wrestling?

tumblr_miu9afUYrv1re6bwmo1_250.gif

It played out perfectly for the UFC with Mickey Gall.

"Let me tell you something, this Mickey Gall kid ... he fuckin' won his first UFC fight in 30 seconds. Thirty fucking seconds ! Can you believe that ? This is crazy ! CM Punk is fighting this absolute killer. CM Punk vs Mickey Gall is some top of the food chain MMA. You've got CM punk, this crazy wrestler who has been training with Duke Roufous for a year .. and he's fighting a guy undefeated in the UFC who finished his last fight in 30 seconds. Only on PPV. Buy it, ya goofs !"

If he beats Punk, I would like the UFC to make him their personal project. Bring him up slowly and have him fight TUF rejects and see how he develops in 3 or so years. Maybe make him the Fight Pass poster boy, like they did with Sage.
Yeah, I won't mind that.

It was a stroke of brilliance. I wouldnt be surprised if he collaborated with Vince McMahon to come up with this because Dana doesnt have the imagination for it.

The took an unknown fighter that is not ready for the big leagues.
They book him in a fight with a guy that he was certain to dominate and look good against.
Now all of these people that were uninterested in seeing CM Punk fight, now want to because they think Gall (an untested fighter) will destroy him.

Well played Zuffa!

Wow. You know what everybody thinks. That's awesome, but then again, I didn't have to say because you knew it.

Wow. You know what everybody thinks. That's awesome, but then again, I didn't have to say because you knew it.

You don't know the difference in "everyone" & "all of these people"?
Obviously not!

It was a stroke of brilliance. I wouldnt be surprised if he collaborated with Vince McMahon to come up with this because Dana doesnt have the imagination for it.

Nah, if anybody wants Punk to fail it is Vince lol

I just love seeing the "knowitalls" that have no idea they were played like a fiddle by Dana!

Your casual sadly doesn't know that....they hyped it well.

Casuals?
Look at at the hardcore Sherdoggers that are now believing in Gall.
They really played this smart IMO.

Well played even tho no one I know gives two pennies worth of a fuck about the fight?? I think it's lame as fuck.
People keep saying that but you know damn well you and everyone else around here is going to watch the CM punk fight.

People keep saying that but you know damn well you and everyone else around here is going to watch the CM punk fight.

Same way nobody he knew was going to watch the last 3 Rousey fights that did over 2.6 million PPV buys combined

I'll watch two bums fight but I legitimately have no issue in punk. No more than I do for any other 0-0 fighter. I do admit there's more than a hint of hoping he falls flat on his face but I just despise Zuffa like that.
Same way nobody he knew was going to watch the last 3 Rousey fights that did over 2.6 million PPV buys combined
I'd say you're wrong. I've watched every RR fight and enjoyed them all. So sharpen your wit up.

I'd say you're wrong. I've watched every RR fight and enjoyed them all. So sharpen your wit up.

My wit is very sharp.
I look forward to your next insipid post about how nobody you know is interested in seeing the Punk/Gall fight!

I think this whole thing is all pretty ridiculous, but the kids seem to like it.

Gall is in a great position. 1-0 fighters generally don't get the shot in the UFC unless they went through TUF and they generally don't get attention/prominently featured and talked about when they do fight in the UFC. Now the guy has a bunch of attention and may very well fight in a co-main event in his second UFC bout (wouldn't be shocked at all if Punk vs. Gall was co-main to Weidman vs. Rockhold II if Punk is ready to fight on that card).

He may very well not be ready for prime time but if he beats C.M. Punk (and beats him bad) he will get a ton of media cachet.

Punk has a lot more to lose than Gall does. Gall also has a lot more to gain.

CM PUNK won't be co-Main, I think he will be the first fight on PPV

Back