Media Zuffa boxing update

The thing that sounds surprising is the small arena they are building.
There is no real need for one in Vegas. Seems like a weird investment to make.
also DW said "he" bought the space next door,
I wonder if the purchase & building of arena is a DW thing & not WME/UFC?
I’m assuming it’s a DW thing. Zuffa boxing is going to be his own thing. Doesn’t involve WME.

Yeah, that would be unfortunate. If anything, I want to see boxers try MMA, not the other way around.

For me, the question has always been stuff like ‘what if prime Mike Tyson fought a wrestler or a jiujitsu guy’, not ‘hey, what if Bruce Lee couldn’t kick people... just punch’.
Yeah you want to see fighters evolve, not simplify the game. I’m totally with you dog

They won’t be working with wbo, wbc, ect.

What does that mean for their ability to sign and promote big fighters?
working with a different tier of fighters than the absolute best could be interesting, definitely some holes to fill in regards to the evolution / pay of up and comers.

I’m assuming it’s a DW thing. Zuffa boxing is going to be his own thing. Doesn’t involve WME.

Zuffa is WME & Dana cannot do anything else in Combat Sports without WME contractually

Are they going to get UFC fighters to Box each other?? That would kinda make sense why they don't want to involve boxing sanctioning bodies
They probably don't want the sanctioning bodies involved because there are too many belt holders in boxing which makes it difficult to follow for the casual fan. The mandatories also prevent the best fights happening e.g. joshua vs wilder

Zuffa Boxing sounds like number 1 bullshit based on this latest briefing. Hopefully they get their shit together before asking me for $10 a month like DAZN.

Zuffa Boxing sounds like number 1 bullshit based on this latest briefing. Hopefully they get their shit together before asking me for $10 a month like DAZN.

There is a really long way to go for that type of reality

I'm 26, without my own home, no girlfriend. Finishing my college degree.

I think I can box at Superbantamweight or Featherweight ....then 6 months of TDD and continue my career in the octagon.

I like it. Why not.

There are some many callouts between UFC and boxing.... Maybe this is the medium to fruition

they are gonna trick Khabib into taking a boxing only fight with Conor

they are gonna trick Khabib into taking a boxing only fight with Conor

I doubt they need to trick him into it.
If the money is there, I bet he will go & try to smesh him.

Oh I didn't mean money, I meant legacy ... ;)

I doubt they need to trick him into it.
If the money is there, I bet he will go & try to smesh him.

Oh I didn't mean money, I meant legacy ... ;)
Dont you start.
NYC is Khabib town.

Dana White said that Zuffa Boxing will be a reality & had already said they won’t be working with WBC, WBO, IBF and any other sanctioning bodies during their boxing venture.

{<jordan}

Back