Media Zuffa boxing update

FrankieNYC

STUFF!
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Dana (or UFC) bought a facility in Vegas that they are turning into a small arena & plan on doing MMA, Boxing, Kickboxing, etc.

Dana White said that Zuffa Boxing will be a reality & had already said they won’t be working with WBC, WBO, IBF and any other sanctioning bodies during their boxing venture.

Last edited:
Lol. Good luck with that

I’d love to see the reaction of top boxers to danas 500k/500k offer....

Would be absolutely hilarious to get to see

Lol. Good luck with that

He seems to think they will be able to do what they want with Boxing.
I don't see it
but interesting that they are looking to do other forms of combat sports as well.

He seems to think they will be able to do what they want with Boxing.
I don't see it
but interesting that they are looking to do other forms of combat sports as well.

Meanwhile in ONE: huge event of different martial arts, headlined by fight of top 5 P4P boxer in the world in front of huge home crowd

Are they going to get UFC fighters to Box each other?? That would kinda make sense why they don't want to involve boxing sanctioning bodies

Are they going to get UFC fighters to Box each other?? That would kinda make sense why they don't want to involve boxing sanctioning bodies

WTF knows?
I mean most top tier fighters are contracted elsewhere & DW already said he won't work with several promoters

They won’t be working with wbo, wbc, ect.

What does that mean for their ability to sign and promote big fighters?

I think they should do one of those medieval combat sports where they wear knight gear and bash eachother. Brock lesnar for knight champ

Sounds boring to me. It’s like an ice cream store, announcing they are soon going to open another store where they will only sell 1 flavor. No thanks.

That's one way for Conor to avoid grapplers.

I love the crossover fights in Japan, could be fun... depending on who fights who.

Sounds like a developmental league of sorts. I’ve always thought the ufc should move towards having a monopoly on combat sports, I think multi martial art events would be awesome.

Sounds boring to me. It’s like an ice cream store, announcing they are soon going to open another store where they will only sell 1 flavor. No thanks.
It may even water down the divisions or cause belt problems if contracts allow fighters to bounce between boxing and mma now that it’s the same org

Yeah sorry. I have zero interest in this. No way they get any top boxers. Kickboxing on the other hand I wouldn't mind if they could attract top talent.

The thing that sounds surprising is the small arena they are building.
There is no real need for one in Vegas. Seems like a weird investment to make.
also DW said "he" bought the space next door,
I wonder if the purchase & building of arena is a DW thing & not WME/UFC?

They missed their chance here with all the boxers changing networks and promoters recently. DAZN won that war and now I don't see who's out there they could realistically promote that's worth a shit

Lol. Good luck with that

You just gonna leave out that Reebok money and the free 6 months of Fightpass and the autographed copy of Ultimate Iceman?

These deals are sweet, idk what boxer would pass all that up.

It may even water down the divisions or cause belt problems if contracts allow fighters to bounce between boxing and mma now that it’s the same org

Yeah, that would be unfortunate. If anything, I want to see boxers try MMA, not the other way around.

For me, the question has always been stuff like ‘what if prime Mike Tyson fought a wrestler or a jiujitsu guy’, not ‘hey, what if Bruce Lee couldn’t kick people... just punch’.

Back