Zuffa Boxing. Dana screwed the pooch on that one.....

This, also the plandemic hit and pretty much derailed those plans.
i think he mentioned it was a lot harder to pull a lot of things together than he thought it would be.
That would be too much self awareness from Dana. In his own words, it was because boxing was too screwed up, not because Zuffa boxing was clearly a terrible idea.
“Never did I say that I was doing anything,” White said of the Shields rumors, “but I’ve been looking and kicking the tires of boxing for the last couple years. The reason you’ve never seen me do anything is because that’s how screwed up and broken it is. That’s what a mess it is. Yeah, I’m not doing anything any time soon.”

Those Paul brothers are getting way more PPV buys compared to UFC PPV's. They make the UFC look like a 3rd rate organization thats for sure.

And there is a second beneficiary to this if Woodley loses. Bellator is owned by the same company that owns Showtime.

Well Dana was never the visionary. He is just a Remeber he said women mma was shit, 125 is a boring and decided to drop the weight class and now he also does not want the Ngannou and J Jones fight.

He was kind of right. I enjoy WMMA, but aside from Ronda it’s not much of a financial success, and that well is tapped. Right now all that WMMA does for the UFC from an economic standpoint is extend their roster.

Well Dana was never the visionary. He is just a Remeber he said women mma was shit, 125 is a boring and decided to drop the weight class and now he also does not want the Ngannou and J Jones fight.

2 out of 3 ain’t bad.

He was also against TUF which saved the UFC

i think he mentioned it was a lot harder to pull a lot of things together than he thought it would be.
I imagine it WOULD be hard to convince the boxing community to become low paid slaves to Dana and the corporation he works for, instead of being their own bosses, making millions.

This, also the plandemic hit and pretty much derailed those plans.
You are a retarded Shill. The Plandemic actually helped UFC PPV's buys and views. Therres no reason why the Pandemic would have prevented Boxers from fighting if Dana actually had a boxing backbone in place.

Probably because he cannot pay them what they wanted. He makes a living off of dicking over his fighters in the octagon. He can’t get away with it in boxing

Which basically means he cannot pay them chicken feed and get the names on the contract. Dana is a fucking scumbag.

Hypothetically, If Dana actually followed through witn Zuffa Boxing, How much would a Jake Paul vs Askren ppv make? More or less then Triller?

Hypothetically, If Dana actually followed through witn Zuffa Boxing, How much would a Jake Paul vs Askren ppv make? More or less then Triller?
Assuming we had a time machine, probably more buys, definitely a higher profit margin since the UFC isn't shelling out for the Biebs.

I'd guess they'd want to take a big portion of revenue as the promoter, and for boxers it's more lucrative to basically be their own promoter or pay a boxing promotion way less than what the UFC would demand. There are pay laws in boxing. MMA has none. Still in the stone age.

It's shortsighted. They'd make a profit with boxing events. But want every penny, so no boxing fights is the result.

What ever happened to this? Why didn't Dana folloow through with this? With all these Youtuber boxing former UFC fighters, Dana has to be kicking himself in the ass he didn't get his greedy hands into this.

I think he needed Conor to win to become a legit boxing promoter. They were going to use Zuffa boxing to keep control of their most important talent while giving them the opportunity for big pay days in boxing. But Conor failure has meant that crossovers haven't been as interesting. The paul crossovers are purely selling on the paul name.

Back