Zuffa Boxing- Claressa Shields vs Marie-Eve Dicaire Dec.11th UFC Fight Pass

not bad....Zuffa boxing kicks it off with an undisputed fight

Oh no... just what we need... more promotions on the world stage.
not bad....Zuffa boxing kicks it off with an undisputed fight
What are you so happy about, this means more good fights will be harder to make in the future if Zuffa's stable of boxers rises.

The profit margins for boxing promotion are going to be nowhere near high enough for Dana and co. to make a serious play in men's boxing. Too much competition that actually pay their fighters. Interesting choice to build Shields up under the Endeavour banner before potentially trying to get her to cross over to MMA, though. I'd be surprised if they ever get a major audience for women's boxing, but they might have a chance at getting her exposure if she's any good in MMA.

The profit margins for boxing promotion are going to be nowhere near high enough for Dana and co. to make a serious play in men's boxing. Too much competition that actually pay their fighters. Interesting choice to build Shields up under the Endeavour banner before potentially trying to get her to cross over to MMA, though. I'd be surprised if they ever get a major audience for women's boxing, but they might have a chance at getting her exposure if she's any good in MMA.
I'm quite skeptical that Zuffa Boxing will take off myself. As for Shields crossing over to MMA, she's been putting in real work lately training with all the right people (Jon Jones, Holly Holm, while working closely under Greg Jackson & Mike Winkeljohn). I think if she dedicates herself completely and stays disciplined she'll make something of herself in MMA. The potential is there for her to be a name in the sport if she's marketed well given how shallow the talent depth in WMMA is. She seems to be taking her training seriously and looks better throwing kicks than I might've envisioned she would this early on.

I'm quite skeptical that Zuffa Boxing will take off myself. As for Shields crossing over to MMA, she's been putting in real work lately training with all the right people (Jon Jones, Holly Holm, while working closely under Greg Jackson & Mike Winkeljohn). I think if she dedicates herself completely and stays disciplined she'll make something of herself in MMA. The potential is there for her to be a name in the sport if she's marketed well given how shallow the talent depth in WMMA is. She seems to be taking her training seriously and looks better throwing kicks than I might've envisioned she would this early on.

She's going to be more athletic and talented than likely all of her opposition if she ever does try to cross over. Can't say I watch much WMMA, but the talent pool has always been extremely shallow and I can't imagine that's changed much.

She's going to be more athletic and talented than likely all of her opposition if she ever does try to cross over. Can't say I watch much WMMA, but the talent pool has always been extremely shallow and I can't imagine that's changed much.
Yeah. That's why I'm curious to see how she'll do assuming she goes through with her plans to cross over to MMA. I'm fairly selective when it comes to who I'll watch in WMMA but I do enjoy watching Valentina Shevchenko fight. She does some exciting things in there and her skills are pretty good all around.

I know that Holm really neglected the gound game aspect,and hope Shields wont do the same.

Back