Zou shiming boxer does 36.5 million viewers in China what if one or bellator get this market?

tfcfights

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
I mean the guys a hero but I know k-1 has gotten back on track using China I just think the ufc is too busy to take the China market by storm how big would it be if one fc or bellator could corner this market or another promotion big money investors could try build a new pride in China the fans r into fighting do u think there r any fighters that could take off in China? Coker has signed Olympic medalist in this country but the wave of the future like mcgregor or gsp could be finding Olympians or bad asses ( like mcgregor and gsp ) do you think a wsof or bellator or one could get a guy that is so big in his nation ratings and tickets increase? Or r fans so simple minded to think only best fight in the ufc is the sport of mma now ufc and a guy can't get a McGregor gsp following without being in the ufc?

Lastly you have to wonder if pride ventured to China would they still be around i know Japanese and Chinese businesses don't work together alot and imagine if the ufc spent their money expanding in Asia instead of going on debt when they pushed to get big in the uk.

Irish fans love mma way more now cuz of McGregor

Canadian mma without gsp....

The UFC lost money in the UK by massively over advertising the first 3 events, they scaled back and usually turn a profit now.

The UFC are not the biggest in every country, take Poland as an example, KSW shows do much higher ratings than the UFC does and it will be the same for many other countries, it's just the top guys make a lot more money in the UFC than anywhere else.

You would need a Chinese star who you can push as one of the best in the world and you won't see that for several years or you can potentially go a freak show route but they have to be willing to do MMA.

There is more to it than just getting viewership. FYI China has had a long history of basically lying about viewership. In fact I think in the last year or two they were suppose to start some standard rating system. I don't know how that is going. China is a very odd market to break into. The biggest problem is getting them to pay you big $$$$$$$ for your product which is rare. Remember many channels are more or less controlled by the government. In fact they don't even let actors/actresses on TV who have been busted for drugs, visited prostitutes, law violations, etc. etc.. So it just isn't just simple as One FC or Bellator or anyone to just get a deal done and on top of it one that makes any kind of business sense. Every broadcast company in the world would love to have access to China's billions of people but it just doesn't work that way.

I think sometimes people forget that sports like boxing were banned in China until around 1990. There is no real widespread culture of appreciation for the combat sports themselves (as opposed to kind of nationalistic competitions) and there is very little native coaching that is up to international levels. China is coming along fast, but they have a ways to go before catching up.

There is more to it than just getting viewership. FYI China has had a long history of basically lying about viewership. In fact I think in the last year or two they were suppose to start some standard rating system. I don't know how that is going. China is a very odd market to break into. The biggest problem is getting them to pay you big $$$$$$$ for your product which is rare. Remember many channels are more or less controlled by the government. In fact they don't even let actors/actresses on TV who have been busted for drugs, visited prostitutes, law violations, etc. etc.. So it just isn't just simple as One FC or Bellator or anyone to just get a deal done and on top of it one that makes any kind of business sense. Every broadcast company in the world would love to have access to China's billions of people but it just doesn't work that way.
Umm k-1 and one have already broken into China
http://mmajunkie.com/2014/06/one-fc-inks-deal-for-10-annual-events-in-mainland-china

The Chinese Super League is an example of what the Chinese government are looking for, they willpay top dollar for 3 big foreign stars per team and want the rest to be Chinese because they want to win the World Cup, European soccer teams aren't allowed to do this because EU rules.

They pay big money to help their Olympic team, MMA will have to try and convert Chinese Olympic athletes from combat sports or the Chinese government are going to have to pay big money and bring in well known MMA coaches and athletes.

Back