Zookeeper Gabes Animal Thread 4.0

Yeah just saw that on your fb, that sucks. Such a shitty mentality and the comments are awful.

Normally I'd make a joke asking where you were that day, but this is too fucked up even for that :mad:

And normally id reply with something like, I was just out with my small caliber rifle that day, but this is pretty fucked up.

I have no shame I know.

All I have to say is some people like to have certain types of head dress with eagle feathers.

Native Americans have plenty of other ways of procuring feathers legally and in the pictures no feathers seem to be removed. I'm leaning more towards an ignorant asshole that thinks the eagles eating all my fish or they ate all my ducks.

All I have to say is some people like to have certain types of head dress with eagle feathers.

Yeah, eagle feathers are not hard to come by if you know where they live. I may be wrong, but I think it's illegal here to even possess a feather unless you are native.

Yeah, eagle feathers are not hard to come by if you know where they live. I may be wrong, but I think it's illegal here to even possess a feather unless you are native.

You are absolutely right, it is illegal to poses a feather, and I don't know where that ends, but I think most of the larger birds of prey it is illegal to have them. Even the Red Tailed Hawk.

And if you see one dead on the side of the road, you do not pick it up, you have to call someone in.

I know all this because of that Raptor Biologist guy I know.

That said...I do have a Red Tailed feather found out by my work....but shhhhhh :)

This is him, his name is Bud.

This is a great picture actually.

HAyxm.AuSt.39.jpg

The bird's name is Bud or the guy's name is Bud? I'm confused... time to smoke some bud.

It is a cool picture.

You really expect us to believe that's your "friend", Blitz? :wink:

We know it's you! :p

I actually saw your face on FB too. Was looking at something on Gabe's page and recognized your mug in the friends thingie that was displayed up top.

Woah I forgot to ask my panda question. I'd like to hear some opinions on this one. If humans were not destroying the natural habitats of pandas do you think they would flourish as a species, or do you feel that poor genetics is a large contributor to their dwindling numbers?

A question for Gabe. Does US Customs Enforcement ever hand over exotic animals to your zoo that they have confiscated?

Woah I forgot to ask my panda question. I'd like to hear some opinions on this one. If humans were not destroying the natural habitats of pandas do you think they would flourish as a species, or do you feel that poor genetics is a large contributor to their dwindling numbers

They will not be in danger as species (at least not as now), but they will still be too habitat-specialized to have a big spread

Back