Zone healing, Dr. Goldman

Riddla

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
I've been noticing that a lot of MMA fighters are going to this chiropractor Dr. Goldman. His area of speciality is zone healing. Big names like Penn, Bas and Florian are among his clients. They swear that this guru doctor has healed them.
Anyone who has trained in combat sport know how taxing they are to the joints, ligaments and muscles. However a lot of fighters have been able to stay injury free.

What are you thoughts on Zone healing? is this stuff real or is this stuff a sort of cult?

http://www.secondsout.com/headlines/index.cfm?ccs=532&cs=21005

It seems to help but it may just be a "placebo effect"..

It's not extreme enough to qualify as a cult

There's chiropractors, and then there's chiropractors that give the profession a bad name. Can anyone take a guess as to which category I'm putting him in?

Ironically enough, he goes on later in the article to slam the chiro profession, and talks about curing asthma. To me, that's just dangerous. We are talking about extreme placebo and power of suggestion here.

Zone Healing seems to be to MMA athletes what Scientology is to crazy actors.

what is it anyway? i followed a link to his website and it seemed very vague. Like he picks out what area is out of sync and fixes it with chiropractic movements or something. Can anyone explain what it is? Just curious more than anything.

BJ Penn said that guy healed his neck hernia. Bas said it cured his asthma. So the guy must do something good.

Back