Zombie seemed to be having vision problems throughout the fight....

Looked concussed, especially after that elbow.
It happens man, one shot can ring that bell and you can’t get things straight from there after.

He said he was in literal zombie mode after the elbow

That + bad eyes could be it

His eye is messed up but it's no excuse (and he certainly won't make excuses). He's the only one who knows how much it affects him. Full credit to Ortega for a great performance.
As far as I know he had surgery and him and his team said his eyes are back to a 100% for the fight. He kept sniffing a lot during the fight though which is unusual. Like he got punched on the nose during the warm-up or sth.

he definitely didn't look like a top #5 FW that night.

threw the same kick that kept getting caught. standup looked terrible. got taken down easy. never pushed the pace.

I really don't know why people are high on him when he always loses his biggest fights. he's got one of the dumbest fight IQs in the game (rushing into Yair in round 5)

Jesus Christ get over it. Zombies a real one and made no excuses, so his Fangirls shouldnt either. Those dickriders are still suffering PTSD from the Yair KO.

If this is the KZ excuse thread only thing I'll say is that I think not having a crowd behind him felt awkward for him I want to hear what he says about that

Other than that he got schooled and outclassed mostly by a dazzling Ortega that was doing some weird capoeira dance shit in there that he could not cope with Combined with a good mixing of kicks and punching, he was completely unpredictable

outclassed

edit
Cha said KZ def lost bc of that elbow Wasn't the same afterwards Kinda surprised he thinks KZ was finding his rhythm in the 2nd Didn't see that

Last edited:
I think what this fight signified most is how fast a fighter can get left behind if he doesn't evolve

granted, he was up against A guy I completely underestimated in terms of ability to change like that but this style that Ortega put out was complete zombie kryptonite and he's going to have to change if he's got any chance to beat Ortega's style

does this mean KZ has to learn how to dance or kick better? KZs kicking is mediocre at best and i certainly can't see him being light on his toes

his attacking is so predictable too. He just lunges when aggressive

it's a conundrum

34? Maybe Def downside of bellshaped curve
Lol all you KZ fangirls before the fight were going on about about KZ was “better than ever, fighting on another level”. now he’s on the down slide after getting dominated by a far superior fighter.

Lol all you KZ fangirls before the fight were going on about about KZ was “better than ever, fighting on another level”. now he’s on the down slide after getting dominated by a far superior fighter.
I was thinking he was 33 He's actually
34 which is a little dicey as far as 'prime' goes
Go read my posts above moron I fully gave credit where credit was due

KZ got throttled

can tell you're a low IQ individual If it makes your insecure ass feel better though I'll go ahead and admit KZs in his prime

You don’t think it’s because Ortega was lighting him up and cracked his skull with punches and elbows.

Yes he had surgery months previous to the fight and has openly talked about his vision issues all so if he did get cracked his fans could use it as an excuse to defend him.

Looked fine until Ortega switched to southpaw which just totally threw him off since Ortega never did that before.

Yes he had surgery months previous to the fight and has openly talked about his vision issues all so if he did get cracked his fans could use it as an excuse to defend him.

or maybe the guy who made the original post thinks if you are having serious vision issues its time to retire.

Back