Rumored Zombie is done (as a contender) after this one

They trained him for a game plan that didn't work because Ortega switched his entire styles. Not that deep. Possibly

Any injuries to report? Thot his jaw was cracked bc he kept 'jawing' after that strike and was sorta surprised by his reaction to his eye bleeding like he seemed so concerned which was weird

Ugh so bummed by this result Really wanted him to get the strap before his career ends

Yea that eye thing was weird. Maybe that was the same eye he had surgery on and that headclash damaged it again...or his eye was never 100% and there's permanent damage to it that we dont know about

Yea that eye thing was weird. Maybe that was the same eye he had surgery on and that headclash damaged it again...or his eye was never 100% and there's permanent damage to it that we dont know about
Yup

Max Holloway TKO’s KZ, Kattar by clean Ko, Zabit by UD, Josh Emmett by brutal one punch KO and Rodriguez knocks him out again....yeah KZ isn’t touching that belt.

these threads are so dumb

why are some of you so obsessed with having some epic, career-predicting take immediately after a loss

he's one good win away from a title shot

Let's be honest, has he ever been a contender? Hasn't he always been in exciting fights and been competitve, but simply always a step or two behind the elite? Technically he did face Aldo but I'd argue he has never been relevant in title or contender talks. Fun fighter to watch but people sometimes drink the kool aid when it's a good, exciting (Korean) fighter.

Something tells me that he's not the same and didn't recover after that elbow. Kinda like TJ/Barao 1. I think he got exhausted of being emotionally invested in this fight with all the trash talk incident which is really unlikely of him. He needs to make a statement and win his next fight impressively to get back in there. And if there's a guy who proved he can come back from a disappointing loss, it's KZ.

Again I think making changes to your gameplan becomes alot harder when you've been badly rocked in a fight, in that situation most fighters end up "going with what they know", whats been drilled into them and they can still produce even if their not fully there mentally,

I doubt KZ retires or anything. But his in cowboy territory. The gatekeeper not quite at elite level but too good for the level below. Stuck in a kind of awkward place. There is still a fair bit of money to be made in this place.

Am i the only one who thought KZ looked nervous during weight ins and the fight?

Back