Zombie Apocalypse

Dao Jones

Blue Belt
Reaction score
It's coming isn't it? No matter, I need to keep myself in shape regardless.

I've kept a couple of training logs before and need to start a new one. At this time I'll mostly post basic info, as I don't have time to keep up with details of each workout, diet, etc...

About me- 52 y/o, finishing my first semester of nursing school, starting a new job at a psych hospital next wekk. Fun stuff. I run and lift weights occasionally, train in BJJ Mon & Wed, train shotokan karate Tue & Thurs. I stay pretty busy!

My goals- continue training regularly as time allows, improving technique, strength, and stamina. Pretty simple.

12/7/09 Returned to BJJ after a 1 year layoff due to a nasty rib separation. Attended the conditioning & technique class. Consisted of warm up, stretching, light exercise, breakfalls, forward and backwards rolls. Focus on self-defense techniques (from frontal attacks) and takedowns. Got somewhat winded, overall felt pretty good.

12/8/09 My wife enrolled our 10 y/o son in karate a few months ago. I trained in shotokan in the late 70's, thought I'd join his class so we could train together. He seems to really enjoy it when I'm there and I can see that he progresses faster than most of the other students.
Tonight's class- warm up, stretching, exercise, 1-step sparring, kata. I'm a bit sore from BJJ but did fine. Got our rank certificates from our belt test a couple of weeks ago. I had to start at the bottom since I don't have any of my certs from before. He made 9th kyu, I made 8B. Fun!

Welcome to the insanity.

Thank you, I'll feel right at home.

12/9/09 Made bjj technique and conditioning class again. Stretching and light exercise followed by self defense techniques for attacks from the back. Sweated like hell, got pretty winded a couple of times tired but survived. I know it'll get harder so I've got to spend the rest of this week and this weekend working on my conditioning.

welcome to the logs,

and to test your anti-zombie knowledge,

what is the perfect anti-zombie weapon?

Although Chuck Norris is an excellent answer, it was sort of a trick question as it did not include enough information about the type of zombie or the circumstances surronding the attack of said zombie.

good steady work will get you to where you want to be. And although there is no perfect all round anti-zombie weapons the M2 on a some sort of mobile chassis comes close.

It's coming isn't it? No matter, I need to keep myself in shape regardless.

I've kept a couple of training logs before and need to start a new one. At this time I'll mostly post basic info, as I don't have time to keep up with details of each workout, diet, etc...

About me- 52 y/o, finishing my first semester of nursing school, starting a new job at a psych hospital next wekk. Fun stuff. I run and lift weights occasionally, train in BJJ Mon & Wed, train shotokan karate Tue & Thurs. I stay pretty busy!

My goals- continue training regularly as time allows, improving technique, strength, and stamina. Pretty simple.

At any rate, we are one day closer to the ZA today than yesterday. Way to prepare.

The Zombie Apocalypse certainly motivates my training.
Fact: with good technique you can RNC a zombie's head clear off!
:icon_chee

12/10/09 No karate, Don's father-in-law died. Worked out for me, after the ATI comp I'm wiped out.

12/11/09 Semester over, first day to just chill. Did make it to the gym late.

15 minutes of stairs
Push day- chest, shoulders, triceps
Ab work

Little or no rest between sets, trying to stay winded. Need better endurance for multiple waves of zombies. Yeah, that's the ticket.

12/12/09
20 minutes eliptical trainer
Pull day- back/lats/biceps
Abs

Good workout, pretty toasted.

12/13/09
20 min elliptical trainer
10 min stairs
abs

12/14/09 BJJ Worked arm bar, counters for stand up guard pass

12/15/09 karate Mostly 3-step sparring, heian nidan

Started my new job at the psych hospital this week so not much training going on. However, I do have a new threat, psych patients! Some are zombie-like, some not so much. Must continue training!!

12/19/09 BJJ, general class

30 minutes of running interspersed with exercise (most were partner based).
30-40 minutes working on putting opponent into guard from half-guard.
3 5-minutes rolling sessions Having just started back, I sat out the last two. Was friggin wiped out, low-blood sugar game me the shakes. Bah

Back