Zma

• Thread starter Tkdmmafighter**
  • Start date
T

Tkdmmafighter**

everything ive read has said to take before sleep/at bedtime. how long before sleep is optimal for me to take it?

I dont think it matters too much as long as you take it shortly before bed..somethign like 30 minutes before is proabably best.

Does ZMA actually aid in the sleep cycle? I thought this was a myth.

It does actually make you sleep deeper. Be sure not to take it with calcium containing products. It will weaken its effects.

Wolverine
///

Wolverine said:
It does actually make you sleep deeper. Be sure not to take it with calcium containing products. It will weaken its effects.

Wolverine
///

Yeah, everybody here says this, but I don't understand the science of it.

How does ZMA help you sleep?

ZMA is simply Zinc, B6 and Magnesium. In Australia you can buy 'Natures Own' version of this, for about 1/10 of the price of the EAS rip off industry equivalent.

Yea I don't really understand the big deal about ZMA. Can't you take a multivitamin that contains those three things and get similar effects? Why do you have to buy ZMA separately?

Shoudlnt rely on something that makes you sleep deeper. When you stop using it, you wont be able to return to a normal sleep patern. Trust me. I used to be a dispenser in a Chemist and it happens all the time. 12 days is max use for sleep inducing medicines without premanent effect.

phisker/mojo, i didnt ask anything that had to do with your opinions. i asked when would be the optimal time to take zma. stfu

I've tried ZMA before didn't really notice a difference. After I tried it I remember reading an article at t-nation saying that it is only good if you are deficient in zinc or magnesium. My advice is stick with a multi-vitamin.

Woob said:
Shoudlnt rely on something that makes you sleep deeper. When you stop using it, you wont be able to return to a normal sleep patern. Trust me. I used to be a dispenser in a Chemist and it happens all the time. 12 days is max use for sleep inducing medicines without premanent effect.

ZMA are vitamins and minerals.. they do not "induce" sleeping.. they are supposedly the most common deficiencies in athletes bcuz of how much athletes sweat..

i make my own ZMA buying zinc and mag separate.. just remember that Zinc monomethoinine (Opti-Zinc) is the best and most absorbable form of zinc and magnesium oxide doesn't do anything.. look for chelated magnesium or magnesium aspartate/orotate.. :wink:

Tkdmmafighter said:
phisker/mojo, i didnt ask anything that had to do with your opinions. i asked when would be the optimal time to take zma. stfu

Dude chill the F out, I was just posting a question I had here instead of starting a whole new thread on ZMA and further diluting the board.

Mojorisin99 said:
Dude chill the F out, I was just posting a question I had here instead of starting a whole new thread on ZMA and further diluting the board.

Yeah, I'm thankful for that. There's too many threads on ZMA as it stands.

I think he's just annoyed because people are answering a question he didn't ask, and telling him something he already knows. But this information is useful to others, so yeah, TKD, let it go, it's no biggie.

Madmick said:
Yeah, I'm thankful for that. There's too many threads on ZMA as it stands.

I think he's just annoyed because people are answering a question he didn't ask, and telling him something he already knows. But this information is useful to others, so yeah, TKD, let it go, it's no biggie.

meh, i was irritated cuz i thought he was being sarcastic about "can you buy..." as in tellin me to do that instead. your right, no biggie. it was more to the other guy anyway.

also, intead of making another dhea thread that no oone will respond to, ill post my question in this thread. i am going to be taking about 300mg a day dhea, when shoudl i take it? with meals? all at once? or 3 times a day?

Back