Zion Williamsons former agent accusing him of taking illegal benefits to attend Duke

DLX

thpinal
@Silver
Reaction score
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nc...enefits-from-duke-nike/ar-BB13SA5v?li=BBnbfcL

BB13SxE5.img

Partial quote from article
Zion Williamson has been wrapped up in a legal battle since last year with a marketing agency that used to represent him, and the latest filings are sure to call more attention to the case.

Miami-based company Prime Sports Marketing filed a lawsuit against Williamson last year alleging that the New Orleans Pelicans star backed out of an exclusive marketing agreement that he signed days after he declared for the NBA draft. The firm is seeking at least $100 million in damages.

As Daniel Wallach of The Athletic pointed out on Sunday, Williamson’s former agent Gina Ford recently served requests for admission in the lawsuit asking Williamson to say that he and his representatives received “money, benefits, favors or other things of value” to attend Duke University and wear Nike. Williamson is also accused of receiving improper benefits from Adidas prior to enrolling at Duke.

Not surprised at the slightest if true. Dude committed out of nowhere...

So what? College athletes are exploited. No reason to cheat the system if they were allowed to get fair market value.

I thought we were done being outraged by stuff like this.

Sounds like sour grapes from someone who missed out on their cash cow. Also.......is anyone surprised? I mean......come on. They all do it and most people just look the other way. I personally don't care other than the competitive advantage for the rich schools I guess. But as far as the players getting something out of it I'm fine with.

HOW DARE HE BREAK THE RULES FOR THOSE OTHER GUYS! WE WANTED HIM TO BREAK THE RULES FOR US!

I can’t blame him one bit for doing that.

Leeches like managers and agents should shut the fuck up. They should be pushing for these athletes to get paid, if anything, yet they only care for themselves alone, like some shit tier hedge fund manager or something.

Sounds like someone angry they missed out their meal ticket.

I would be more surprised if he DIDNT get benefits. Did you all see the NFL draft? Kind of amazing that all the first round draft picks apparently come from affluent families. All those houses looked super nice. You would think one or 2 was living in the hood if it were all on the up and up

Back