Zion Williamson predictions/thoughts

Jack Handy jr

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Watched a Lot of First Take and Shannon and Skip last week

And am going to echo a lot of what i heard said about this young man that I was already thinking

I'm in my mid forties now and have really been into the NBA since the Lakes Celtics in the 80' S and this kid.....has the "it" factor

I've never really seen someone like him from an athletic stand point at his height and size..I mean a 280lb guy that can arguably play any position with a 45 inch vertical ffs.

So barring injury and an inevitable trade to a marquee team he will be a star

Thoughts?

He’s a smaller, more athletic shaq in Orlando.

He’s a smaller, more athletic shaq in Orlando.

Good comparison...I think th e yre level of hype was about the same too.when diesel came out there had neve been a guy like.him with the needing to shaqproof all the rims lol

I havent really seen him other than highlights. Does he play more like barkley or Malone?

I havent really seen him other than highlights. Does he play more like barkley or Malone?

Could you imagine Carl Malone in today's NBA of spreading out the floor? 30 and 15 would be his season avg, maybe higher.

Neither. Hes super nimble and can cut left or right on a dime and jump out the gym. Hes developing a nice jumper and attacks the rim with ferocity. He also has light touch around the rim not everything is powerful. One of college basketball's best help defenders from the weak side too. Kid has star written all over him if he keeps his mind right and doesnt get hurt.

Could you imagine Carl Malone in today's NBA of spreading out the floor? 30 and 15 would be his season avg, maybe higher.
Malone averaged 30 once in his career. In 89' when the pace was significantly higher. Pick and rolls are much less effective in today's game with switches.

Much more like a Sixers-era Barkley. Except he's 2-3 inches taller.

Having said that, I don't see him being a for sure Hall of Famer the way many are predicting. He'll be a solid, consistent all-star though.

Neither. Hes super nimble and can cut left or right on a dime and jump out the gym. Hes developing a nice jumper and attacks the rim with ferocity. He also has light touch around the rim not everything is powerful. One of college basketball's best help defenders from the weak side too. Kid has star written all over him if he keeps his mind right and doesnt get hurt.

Zion is a poor shooter and a 64% FT%

Zion is a poor shooter and a 64% FT%

Shaq's a poor shooter with zero form. Zion is very similar to Blake Griffin when he first came into the league except hes even more explosive and athletic. Shaw was a poor comparison

too short for nba to be elite but I'm impressed by his dunks

A mix of Julius Randle and Draymond Green. In the Modern NBA that will get him fucking Numbers just in sheer determination this dude will compete on D and will get triple doubles if they surround him with shooters. Needs to improve his shot for me to say he can be truly elite.

He needs a jumper. Without it, he won’t do good imo because he’s only 6’6. Giannis doesn’t need a jumper because he’s 7’0 and has insane wingspan. I predict Zion will be a decent to good player. He won’t even reach Kevin Durant level imo

He needs a jumper. Without it, he won’t do good imo because he’s only 6’6. Giannis doesn’t need a jumper because he’s 7’0 and has insane wingspan. I predict Zion will be a decent to good player. He won’t even reach Kevin Durant level imo

he won't reach top 5 scorer of all time

what a bold prediction

Vaginis needs a jumper if he doesn’t wanna get embarrassed in the playoffs against an elite defense again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back