Zinc deficieny = Man-boobs?

Discussion in 'Dieting / Supplement Discussion' started by FirstNobleTruth, Apr 27, 2008.

1. FirstNobleTruth

FirstNobleTruth Blue Belt

I know Poliquin is a little out there (if not a lot), but has anyone else heard anything similar to this? I thought it was somewhat interesting, in the way many of his odd articles are.

2. wvboy

wvboy Brown Belt

I don't know anything about the effects of zinc on man-boobs, but I'm interested if anybody has had any noticeable effects from taking zinc.

Also, what is DIM?

3. joshetc

joshetc butthole hurts from teh gay

Your body can't produce testosterone without zinc.

4. FirstNobleTruth

FirstNobleTruth Blue Belt

Just remembered this thread, figured I'd bring it up to see if anyone else thought it was interesting and preferably had some input.

5. evilf22

evilf22 Blue Belt

i supplement with zinc at night (zma) as well as a zinc supplement with a whole food meal in the afternoon. its one of those things i know helps, but its not anything you could A/B and see a performance increase. its cheap, and its one of the most common deficiencies in athletes. i also try to increase my natural zinc consumption by eating pumpkin seeds as well. good fats, and a good amount of zinc as well. its no miracle supplement, but it would be ignorant to not make sure you have an adequate amount, be it from food or other sources.

anyone know any other foods that have a good amount of naturally occuring zinc?