Zhang Weili vs Joanna Jedrzejczyk at UFC 248 Las Vegas March 7 2020

Who wins?

• Total voters
I don't think Joanna can elude Weili for 5 rounds.
She did just that to Andrade tho. Jessica is not as technical or fast as Weili so I doubt Weili will run face first into the jab that often and she'll probably land more than Jessica, but Joanna has shown to be able to play matador for 25 minutes so it will be interesting to see if Zhang can negate that.

I've only seen a few Weili fights and they were highly impressive. Joanna Chumpion will have a tough night. I lean toward Weili from what I've seen but I havent seen enough to drop cash

She did just that to Andrade tho. Jessica is not as technical or fast as Weili so I doubt Weili will run face first into the jab that often and she'll probably land more than Jessica, but Joanna has shown to be able to play matador for 25 minutes so it will be interesting to see if Zhang can negate that.
Jessica doesn't do much more than just chase her opponent directly in a straight line; has she ever shown that she knows how to cut off the cage? Trying to play "matador" with Zhang will not be as easy, I think.

Jessica doesn't do much more than just chase her opponent directly in a straight line; has she ever shown that she knows how to cut off the cage? Trying to play "matador" with Zhang will not be as easy, I think.

You both raise an interesting point that's one of the keys to this fight. Whether Zhang can cut off the cage effectively. Zhang hasn't faced an opponent as skilled on the feet as Joanna. Rose did well closing off angles against Joanna. Interested in seeing whether Zhang can enjoy similar success.

Definitely not as easy, but doable given the reach, movement and volume punching that Joanna has. We'll see.

Weili still training in the United Arab Emirates.

Weili "Magnum" Zhang All UFC Highlights HD 2019/2020 - MMA China's Chosen One
•Feb 5, 2020
Keyboard Warrior

Statement by the channel:

Here's a highlight reel of the UFC Women's Strawweight Division Queen, China's own, Weili "Magnum" Zhang. Magnum has been on a tear ever since losing her very first MMA fight outside of the UFC. She is on a 20 fight win streak with 4 wins in the UFC. Her last fight was at UFC Fight Night: Andrade vs. Zhang where she captured the belt by TKO'ing Andrade in the first round. Weili is set to defend her belt against The Boogeywoman, Joanna Jędrzejczyk at UFC 248.

Division: Strawweight
Style: Sanda, Shuai Jiao, BJJ
Team: Black Tiger Fight Club

UFC opponents so far:
Danielle Taylor - UFC 227
Jessica Aguilar - UFC Fight Night: Blaydes vs. Ngannou 2
Tecia Torres - UFC 235
Jéssica Andrade - UFC Fight Night: Andrade vs. Zhang

Weili Zhang vs Joanna Jedrzejczyk Prediction pt 2
•Feb 16, 2020
WMMAddict

This guy reminds me of Right Wing talk radio. Twist/Contort facts until they fit into whatever you wanted.

The real problem with this isn't his opinion. It's that others see it and think it has value.

If you are going to compare fighters do so based on their last work unless there are very specific common behaviours.

Fuck this guy.

This guy reminds me of Right Wing talk radio. Twist/Contort facts until they fit into whatever you wanted.

The real problem with this isn't his opinion. It's that others see it and think it has value.

If you are going to compare fighters do so based on their last work unless there are very specific common behaviours.

Fuck this guy.

You remind me of Fake News....

You remind me of Fake News....
Rich coming from a person who can't correct their spastic behaviour after countless threads of people calling it out. What value do you actually add to anything nobody knows and nobody cares.

Thanks for reminding me to ignore your nonsense.

Chael makes a good point most of us forgot. The US can put Weili into isolation at an airbase for 2 weeks.

She has been clear for like a month. I think it's safe to say she is ok even in the extreme case the virus can show up at the 28 day mark. Will see.

The US can put Weili into isolation at an airbase for 2 weeks.
That sounds to me like that could entail a serious impediment to her pre-fight training. Who could she train/spar/roll with under those circumstances for those two weeks?

Weili Zhang obtained her visa. She's now free to travel to the U.S. Significant hurdle cleared for her title defense versus Joanna J. March 7.

https://www.scmp.com/sport/china/ar...s-zhang-weili-after-obtaining-us-visa-ufc-248

Fingers still crossed they both make weight, stay healthy etc.
Great news !!!
War Weili !!!

42507534-5230-11ea-8948-c9a8d8f9b667_image_hires_180025.jpg

Back