Zhang Weili vs Joanna Jedrzejczyk at UFC 248 Las Vegas March 7 2020

Who wins?

• Total voters

They did this for the last fight vs Waterson and I think it's cool they are doing it again. Alone it doesn't necessarily mean much but once you have 5-6 weeks of this data it's interesting if you also understand she is heavily dieting to make weight to avoid doing a water cut which resulted in Rose TKOing her the last time she did it.

It means to make up storylines/narratives to drive viewership
Stories are inherently much more interesting to think about than, say, just being presented with a list of relevant data. And, whether one agrees with the offered story or not, an interesting story will often incite discussion that, in turn, will generate interest in the fight. I don't really see a downside... which is why I like to post many of this guy's videos.

I favor Weili in this fight. Joanna's main advantage, as I see it, is her greater reach. If she could stay on the outside, using that reach advantage, for 5 rounds, then she could win. But I don't think Joanna can elude Weili for 5 rounds. And I think that, when they come together, Weili will hurt Joanna more than Joanna will hurt Weili, and I think that'll make the difference.

I favor Weili in this fight. Joanna's main advantage, as I see it, is her greater reach. If she could stay on the outside, using that reach advantage, for 5 rounds, then she could win. But I don't think Joanna can elude Weili for 5 rounds. And I think that, when they come together, Weili will hurt Joanna more than Joanna will hurt Weili, and I think that'll make the difference.
And angles with intelligent defence, stuttered timing, setups, heavy feints to overwhelm and counters to counter kicks. Weili is primarily a pressure counter kicker as her base so that matters.

Weili will either get lucky early and the fight ends there or Joanna forces Weili to take more risks where Joanna herself excels via heavy counters. Still can't believe Rose survived that through and through counter left hook in R2 of their 2nd fight. Would have put most other girls down.

If Weili fights careful/patient/reserved the fight will go the distance and will lose regardless. If not it may end either way.

This all assumes Joanna doesn't have a problem with her weight. If she does she won't make it out of the first minute.

This is an awesome fight but also a very difficult to wager. I’m prob slightly favoring Joanna personally bc she’s won me more money in sports betting than any other UFC fighter prob by a wide margin.

I’m pretty much 50/50 between Joanna winning by decision or Wei by early KO. Assuming the +/- will be around 2.5 rounds if you are going to wager in this fight you should parlay it with +/- regardless of which fighter you bet on.
So naturally it will come down to odds, if Joanna gets close to +175-200ish territory only fight night I don’t see how that wouldn’t be my play.

Stylistically think Joanna is the much better overall striker but as others mentioned already you have to worry about her mindset and durability at this stage but I actually thought she looked pretty good in her last fight and am expecting to see vintage Joanna in this fight.

So my pick is Joanna with the over on the parlay

source.gif

This is an awesome fight but also a very difficult to wager. I’m prob slightly favoring Joanna personally bc she’s won me more money in sports betting than any other UFC fighter prob by a wide margin.

I’m pretty much 50/50 between Joanna winning by decision or Wei by early KO. Assuming the +/- will be around 2.5 rounds if you are going to wager in this fight you should parlay it with +/- regardless of which fighter you bet on.
So naturally it will come down to odds, if Joanna gets close to +175-200ish territory only fight night I don’t see how that wouldn’t be my play.

Stylistically think Joanna is the much better overall striker but as others mentioned already you have to worry about her mindset and durability at this stage but I actually thought she looked pretty good in her last fight and am expecting to see vintage Joanna in this fight.

So my pick is Joanna with the over on the parlay
giphy.gif

by March we will all be tapping out to the Chinese virus

Wow.

I had to turn down my volume from the sound of her hitting those pads.

Based on this thread I'm not so sure Sherdog is ready for what Zhang will do to JJ.
JJ is no match for Zhang imo.
She (Zhang) has only revealed a very small part of her full arsenal in the UFC because she hasn't even needed it, even to capture the belt.

At the time of this post Zhang is a -165 favorite. To all my sherbros and gals this is easy fucking money and you won't see her at less than -200 for years. Take it while you can.

Zhang has moved the goal posts from a competitive standpoint in WMMA, and the rest, minus Nunes and Val, are literally years behind.

Also I'm not sure that many are aware but @HHJ originally brought attention to Zhang a year ago because he had followed her through different orgs.
I already thanked you privately for the ahead of time info man, but here it is publicly. You called this before most people here even knew she existed.

War Weili Zhang!

Wow.

Based on this thread I'm not so sure Sherdog is ready for what Zhang will do to JJ.
She (Zhang) has only revealed a very small part of her full arsenal in the UFC because she hasn't even needed it, even to capture the belt.

At the time of this post Zhang is a -165 favorite. To all my sherbros and gals this is easy fucking money and you won't see her at less than -200 for years. Take it while you can.

Zhang has moved the goal posts from a competitive standpoint in WMMA, and the rest, minus Nunes and Val, are literally years behind.

Also I'm not sure that many are aware but @HHJ originally brought attention to Zhang a year ago because he had followed her through different orgs.
I already thanked you privately for the ahead of time info man, but here it is publicly. You called this before most people here even knew she existed.

War Weili Zhang!
I knew this day would come,its sad tho cos i am a Joanna fan for life. Still gonna root for JJ but im glad all the people who didnt listen to me realize I am a GOD

I knew this day would come,its sad tho cos i am a Joanna fan for life. Still gonna root for JJ but im glad all the people who didnt listen to me realize I am a GOD

LOL!! Gotcha before the edit :p Props though man you called all of this forever ago.

YOU'RE A GOD! <Lmaoo>

I feel you though, I love JJ too....she advanced WMMA and deserves the HOF when she enters.
The torch has passed now..

Edit: Motherfucker now you changed it back <45>

Alright. I see it almost exactly the same, except I see Zhang storming her and finishing her in the first, like Andrade.

Weili is like Ivan Drago with her impressive training and physical capabilities

Joanna won't be Rocky though, she's Apollo Creed

Wow.

War Weili Zhang!

They're Thai pads, it's really not that impressive. When Joanna was kicking pads at open workouts I could hear them booming from across the arena. Any reasonably good kicker can do that. When you get a great kicker hitting the pads it's the sound that changes, not how loud it is. Instead of a lower pitched thudding boom that you get from Zhang or Joanna, it's a sharp, high pitched crack that sounds like gunshots. When you have someone in MMA with great kicks like Valentina hitting the pads or better yet, a good Thai like Yod, it's a whole different world.

Stories are inherently much more interesting to think about than, say, just being presented with a list of relevant data. And, whether one agrees with the offered story or not, an interesting story will often incite discussion that, in turn, will generate interest in the fight. I don't really see a downside... which is why I like to post many of this guy's videos.
Real stories are interesting. Fake narratives aren’t.

Real stories are interesting. Fake narratives aren’t.
You left out "fake" before. The dude is expressing his opinions. And he gives his reasons for holding those opinions. One can disagree with his opinions (I certainly disagree with some of his opinions) without going to the extreme of claiming his channel is based on fake narratives. That just sounds like you are being salty about a guy whose YouTube channel is in competition with yours.

Back