Zhang should be taking on Joanna before Valentina

TheLastStyleBender

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Joanna deserves that much respect. This superfight before beating contenders thing has to stop. Joanna's style could pose problems.

There's lots of time to stretch these WMMA fights, there's only 6 of them in total

Joanna or Rose. The Valentina fight doens't make any sense at this point.

Zhang should definitely fight both Suarez and Jedrzejczyk before even thinking about challenging Shevchenko.

Don't care about Joanna, but this Weili Zhang needs to defend her belt at least once before moving up.

It makes sense for Valentina. Unless you want to see her coast through another easy win, or concuss any of the scrubs in her division

Relax guys relax it’s not going to happen. It was just a caption to one of her Instagram photos with Valentina.

I really like Weili but she should make a few defenses first then the superfight will be massive

Why wouldn't you want a superfight? It kinda goes with the name that it's better than other fights.

And since we all aggree that mma isn't A REAL sport but more of a spectacle, why wouldn't you want it to be spectacular?

Joanna deserves that much respect. This superfight before beating contenders thing has to stop. Joanna's style could pose problems.
Gollum got her immediate rematch, lost, was gifted an instant title fight against Bullet and lost that too.

I agree with Zhang having to defend her title a couple of times.

But Joanna isn't necessarily next in line. Rose, Suarez or even Andrade might have a case... my pick would be Suarez (on a win streak, posing an interesting stylistic challenge), then Rose.

All those fights are fun.

I wonder how hard it is for her to make weight ?

If it's super hard... Move up and stay up... But there is only one Marquee fight at that weight currently.

Better pickings for fun fights at 115 in my opinion.

I'm sorry... But she is not a superstar just yet and neither is Val... So no "Superfight" can occur.

But some fun ones can...

Line em up and let her knock em over

Joanna posting about fighting someone nonspecific next and asking fans who that should be.

Cryptic contract nonsense posted by Weili's management soon after.

Honestly this is sounding more and more political. It used to be that you get everyone talking about #1 contender fight and you get a clear call out after and then the banter back and forth starts.

This just sounds like everybody involved is positioning for the best possible situation. A great way to kill any momentum and a great way to ensure this ends up headlining another Fight Night.

Not convinced this fight will happen but I was wrong about JJ's match with Michelle turning into a judging butchery so what do I know.

Have I missed something, have the UFC booked Zhang v Shevchenko? She doesn't deserve it and the UFC would be crazy to book it, we need champs who defend their belts regularly not tying up two divisions for months.

Suarez deserves a title shot but she's looking at a long lay-off, maybe permanent. Andrade never managed one successful title defense, so no rematch for her, Rose needs a win before getting another shot, which leaves Joanna on a two streak at 115, that's the match to make.

Rose deserves more! Rose beat Joanna twice, and beat Andrade on the foot easily, I know, until the wrong Kimura lock and slam.

Strawweight is filled with contenders. Joanna and Suarez should be fighting for the belt right now. Rose with another win. By the time these fights happen there will be other deserving contenders. She's a long way off from clearing her division out.

Back