Zhang is the biggest threat to Valentina at 125...

I agree she won't just run up on her. I see it more as either JJ over commits and takes damage or Zhang gets her in the clinch and damages her with short elbows and knees. In either case after she eats some of that JJ will become hesitant at which point Zhang destroys her.

We clearly don't agree here, and that's ok. I like the idea exchange.
Let me know if you'd like to lay down a friendly wager :)
Lol no thanks on the bet. I don't know what will happen. I want Weili to win, just don't think she will. Hope I'm wrong.

Lol no thanks on the bet. I don't know what will happen. I want Weili to win, just don't think she will. Hope I'm wrong.

Have you gone back yet and watched any of her pre UFC fights?

My point with that (watching her old fights) is that if you want her to win it'll make you feel better about it. We've only seen a small fraction of her arsenal in the UFC thus far because she hasn't needed it...
JJ has nothing for her.

I see what you're saying. I just think as soon as Joanna tastes her own blood things will start caving in. JJ has shown in the past that she doesn't deal well when things start going south for her, and I just don't think she can take the damage Zhang dishes out.
I disagree with the idea that Jedrzejczyk doesn’t deal with adversity well. If that was the case she likely would have lost one or both fights with Gadelha. In my opinion, prime Gadelha was the most dangerous fighter in the division until she inevitably gassed, as evidenced by her performances against Jedrzejczyk and Andrade.
As far as using Torres as a measuring stick, the only commonality I see between Tecia and Joanna is that they’re both primarily strikers. One area Torres surpasses Jedrzejczyk, in my opinion, is durability. She’s never been finished, nor do I recall her even being rocked. I think Jedrzejczyk’s cut affects her chin, and I believe that if Zhang wobbles her, she’ll be lucky to make it out of the round.

Back