Zhang is the biggest threat to Valentina at 125...

Rose just lost to Andrade and has not fought for like a year.

And she's rematching Andrade; 2 former champs (currently ranked 1 and 2) who's last fight was for the title. It can be assumed if Rose comes out the winner having avenged that loss, beating the #1 contender, with back to back wins over Joanna the #4 contender and having never faced the current champ, she's a defacto number 1 contender and a genuine threat to Zhang.

Getting past Andrade after just getting slam KOed by her may be a tall order, and a very big IF, but it certainly puts her in a fight with Zhang.

I think some of you are going to be very surprised at how easily Zhang disposes of JJ.

As for Valentina vs. Zhang....what a great fight. With the exception of Amanda these are the best WMMA fighters in the UFC imo. These two have raised the bar.
How can she barely outstrike Tecia but easily dispose of Joanna. I'm rooting for her but stylistically there's some big challenges for her in this fight. Closing distance is while getting her legs peppered by Joanna might be a problem

How can she barely outstrike Tecia but easily dispose of Joanna. I'm rooting for her but stylistically there's some big challenges for her in this fight. Closing distance is while getting her legs peppered by Joanna might be a problem

I see what you're saying. I just think as soon as Joanna tastes her own blood things will start caving in. JJ has shown in the past that she doesn't deal well when things start going south for her, and I just don't think she can take the damage Zhang dishes out.

Zhang is still massively unproven despite being the champ, I won't make any sort of judgement on her ability to take on Valentina until after the JJ fight. To be honest I'm expecting Joanna to steamroll her, nothing Zhang has done so far suggests otherwise to me.

I'd like to see how she does against JJ first before we start this hype train. Oh wait, it's already left!
giphy.gif

Tatiana Suarez will beat Zhang.

Tatiana also stands a better chance against Valentina.
lol no. Val steamrolls both Tatiana and Weili. She is simply peerless at that weight class and I don't see anyone threatening her there. These weight differences matter more for women and it will be evident if they ever fight.

Let Zhang get past Joanna, and if Rose wins she should face Rose before moving up.

Agreed...

Although any of those fights would be fun to watch...

I think Zhang would benefit by a couple more fights before going up, But it's truth that she is prolly the best opponent for Val unless she wants to go up to 135 and try Amanda again.

I see what you're saying. I just think as soon as Joanna tastes her own blood things will start caving in. JJ has shown in the past that she doesn't deal well when things start going south for her, and I just don't think she can take the damage Zhang dishes out.
What I'm saying is this probably won't be the type of fight where she can inflict damage, like the fight with Tecia. Joanna isnt going to run up on her like Andrade.

Why JJ shouldn't cut weight? It's her job, job of UFC is to make fight happen. Maybe there will be replacement, you don't know.
Zero chance they strip Weili.

Maybe interim belt. Who do you think would be the opponent?

lol no. Val steamrolls both Tatiana and Weili. She is simply peerless at that weight class and I don't see anyone threatening her there. These weight differences matter more for women and it will be evident if they ever fight.
it's even worse, Shevchenko is former bantamweight,so weight is even bigger actor when facing strawweights. I can bet Amanda Nunes, with some effort, and some hardocre weightcutting could go down to 125, how people would see her fighting strawweights?

Zero chance they strip Weili.

Maybe interim belt. Who do you think would be the opponent?
I don't know. Nobody? Gadelha lost oponnent day before fight, and they paid her, I think if they know there will be no fight, they will keep it to last days and then they will say: we were trying but you know - coronavirus. We will see, with everyday there's less chance Chinese will enter USA, because virus is spreading and I've heard WHO said it will take 18 months to make something to heal it or prevent it.

Too soon to tell.

What I'm saying is this probably won't be the type of fight where she can inflict damage, like the fight with Tecia. Joanna isnt going to run up on her like Andrade.

I agree she won't just run up on her. I see it more as either JJ over commits and takes damage or Zhang gets her in the clinch and damages her with short elbows and knees. In either case after she eats some of that JJ will become hesitant at which point Zhang destroys her.

We clearly don't agree here, and that's ok. I like the idea exchange.
Let me know if you'd like to lay down a friendly wager :)

Calm down. We need to see more of her actually. Let's see how dominant she's able to look in her next fight.

Remember Ronda was very dominant too...

LOL, Zhang would get KO The fuck out by Val

She is a glorified Brawler and is tailor made for Val to show her best.

Sherdog - Zhang out brawls another brawler and she is the greatest thing since sliced bread and can do what a bigger scarier version of her (in Nunes) couldn't do.

If Johanna fights smart and can avoid getting KTFO in the first round she has a very good chance of out pointing zhang.

Jesus, do they handout Delusion pills for every damn hype train?

Valentina is a terrible matchup for Zhang. Where she excels at; Valentina is better.
I didn't even think Zhang can beat Suarez when they are contenders but she has a better chance now since Suarez needs to control her for 5 instead of 3.

Back