1. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »

Zhang is the biggest threat to Valentina at 125...

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by marksmen, Feb 11, 2020.

1. marksmen Brown Belt

If she beats JJ, she is def the biggest threat to Valentina. The womans 125 lb division is weak af. Valentina said three possible fights to make, JoJo, Maia and Roxanne. The fact that Roxanne is on that list just shows how weak it is.

If Zhang wins against JJ, do you think they will try to push her up to fight Valentina? At this time, Valentina looks unstoppable at 125.

Thoughts?

2. Paulsp Black Belt

Zhang will ktfo her

3. SammyPops Steel Belt

Only thing I know about her is that Chinese market and money be whats is all about

4. marksmen Brown Belt

Her training videos on IG are epic.

5. SKYNET Infrared Belt Platinum Member

Valentina v Zhang Trilogy will be more epic than Nunes v Valentina trilogy

6. Juan Bombadil Brown Belt

The best fight to make in the women’s division

7. jx820 Silver Belt

Let Zhang get past Joanna, and if Rose wins she should face Rose before moving up.

8. Michael Wetzel Blue Belt

I am not sure Zhang will beat Joanna J, much less Valentina.

9. fortheo Titanium Belt

I'm not even sure Zhang beats JJ right now, especially with Zhang being shuffled around country to country in the middle of her camp

10. blaseblah Titanium Belt

Why Zhang and not any of the prior champs? Joanna is the only strawweight champion who has shown any kind of dominance and Valentina handled her with ease. Zhang has a lot of work to do before she is ready for a flyweight title fight.

11. Kumason MMA freak!

I kinda figured a while ago that this was pretty obvious and i'm not here much but I assume it's been brought up many many times.

12. SpecialDelivery Purple Belt

All you need to know is that EVERYONE has jumped her band wagon since beating Andres, acting as though they've been fans of hers all along. That's MMA fans for ya

13. Po Purple Belt

Valentina is a tough fight for any woman. Zhang has enough to worry about in her own division before moving up.

I hope the moving around several times of her training camp for jj because of coronavirus didn't screw up her training.

14. winkydinks Banned Banned

Zhang has one, I repeat one, UFC win that's worth anything, and it's in the weight class below Valentina's. It's against an overrated fighter whose only asset is power, got the strap on a fluke slam ko, and who got her ass beat by the woman Zhang's about to face. If Weili destroys, and I mean destroys, Joanna, Rose, and Suarez, we can have a serious talk about how likely she is to beat Shevchenko.

15. Marianne Purple Belt

This. Joanna comes next, then winner of Rose vs Andrade, then Tatiana, then the talk about fights in another division. If bullet has no fights in her division she can go back up and fight Nunes.

16. Rob-G Purple Belt

Zhang is still an unanswered question to me right now. I’m a fan. I hope very bad that she beats Joanna. I fear Weili might be a hype job though. I’m not a fan of Joanna at all, but she’s a great gauge for letting us know who’s the real deal and who’s a hype job. She put an end to the karate hottie soccer mom UFC champ angle real quick. I’ll give Joanna that. Well def find out if Weili is a hype job or the real deal. Don’t think she beats Shevchenko though

17. cauti0n LMK

Yes, a career 115lber who gassed in her first UFC decision win is a threat to someone who was a contender at 135 without belonging there and making everyone at 125 look like children.

Very desperate.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2020
  18. Conor_Is_Overrated Purple Belt

Exactly this.
    Zhang is getting really overrated... I mean, ONE fight ago, he went to decision against Tecia Torres...

<{nope}>

She has a long way to go.

19. JanssenC Serpentine Belt

Zhang would get wrecked. I want to see Valentina vs Nunes pt 3 at 135. I personally think she beat Nunes the last time they fought but we see how that goes in the UFC.

20. kuka45 Black Belt

Zhang is poor's man version of Valentina, worse counterstriking, worse grappling, similar style, weaker physically, yeah that won't end well.
    Her style is too outmuscle her oponnents, Tecia was easiest top 10 fighter for her,only to get good rank, and they matched them (I predicted it long before fight was made) for showcase fight. Tecia outstriked her in stand up, she was easy for Zhang, because Tecia's style is heavy on clinching, similar to Zhang, but Zhang is stronger physically so that was big advantage for her.
    I won't even comment her fight vs Andrade, Andrade came to defend 3 months after winning belt, went straight to clinch...you know what I mean.
    I'm also afraid, that fight Zhang vs JJ won't happen, wasn't it like today, when they announced Till vs Cannonier, it's just month before UFC 248, kinda late for moves like this, it looks like replacement for Zhang/JJ, Cannonier already was in camp, he was backup fighter for Adensanya/Romero.