Media Zhang destroying the pads like an absolute Monster

Cejudo was not impresed by her performance

Stay in my lane lol.

you have nothing of substance, so it’s funny you call me on that, when I did indeed provide it. Your recency bias is noted, as soon as you said it wasn’t based on recency bias (otherwise, why bring it up?)

edit: lol at calling out “hoeing behavior “ based on likes. Obviously insecure about your posts.
My long winded post was nothing but analysis. You're the one who came at me with "Zhang has much to prove". Pretty broad statement. Nothing of substance there. "she skipped challengers like rose did" OK, but what does that have to do with her skill set? Tell me what you see in these other women that can pose a threat. "Suarez' grappling" what about it? That's super broad. You also brought up "Joanna's polished striking" what about it can cause problems? I broke down exactly why Zhang would give Joanna problems.

You liking that guy's post was hoeish because you know damn well what he said was irrelevant to our conversation. You where just trying to cling on to any cheerleader you could get.

I had already explained why I brought up "recency bias", it's because I hear the same dismissive shit in Israel threads. Did you even bother to read my posts?

Nothing of substance? Insecure about my posting? Sorry bud, but you're projecting. Stop embarrassing yourself.

My long winded post was nothing but analysis. You're the one who came at me with "Zhang has much to prove". Pretty broad statement. Nothing of substance there. "she skipped challengers like rose did" OK, but what does that have to do with her skill set? Tell me what you see in these other women that can pose a threat. "Suarez' grappling" what about it? That's super broad. You also brought up "Joanna's polished striking" what about it can cause problems? I broke down exactly why Zhang would give Joanna problems.

You liking that guy's post was hoeish because you know damn well what he said was irrelevant to our conversation. You where just trying to cling on to any cheerleader you could get.

I had already explained why I brought up "recency bias", it's because I hear the same dismissive shit in Israel threads. Did you even bother to read my posts?

Nothing of substance? Insecure about my posting? Sorry bud, but you're projecting. Stop embarrassing yourself.
Just stop. Please

No fake balloons.
No silly make up.
No fancy haircut.
No showy tattoos.
Discipline and commitment.

Thank you for this breath of fresh air.
523.jpg

"You welCum"

yada yada

Oh, wow, you proved me so wrong! Ugh, so much make up! And what about that hair?! I bet she spent hours in the hairdresser and posted a photo on IG right after to get likes.

Please... you know what I meant.

Oh, wow, you proved me so wrong! Ugh, so much make up! And what about that hair?! I bet she spent hours in the hairdresser and posted a photo on IG right after to get likes.

Please... you know what I meant.
Dude. I'm 100% with you. No kidding
You gonna like this (and will see I'm not being sarcastic with you)

Your long winded post was just you regurgitating the same vomit you already posted several times previously.

You say I’m embarrassing myself, when you should be embarrassed to talk about fighters looking invincible, when everyone who has done that has made complete asses of themselves time and time again throughout the years of this sport.

Now on to Zhang. I specifically said based on performance, because I already expected that lazy response from you. I get the same kind of shit in Izzy threads. The things I say have nothing to do with recency bias, and everything to do with skill set. Joanna is my girl, believe me I don't like talking down on her, she was originally the woman who made me pay closer attention to WMMA. That said, I live in reality, and I understand Joanna's weaknesses, and I've seen both women perform (Joanna and Zhang). Joanna as good of a kickboxer/mt striker as she may be, is susceptible to good punching, as evidenced by her fights with Rose and Shevchenko. Zhang hit's hard, fast, and with great technique. Judging by the way Andrade went down, I wouldn't be surprised if it only took one against Joanna. Suarez is definitely a beast on the ground and if you read my previous posts in this thread, you'll see that I said as much, and I even mentioned her as a threat to Zhang. That being said, you look at the broader aspects of the fight, like the fact that Tatiana dropped a round. I like to pay attention to the reasons she lost the round, and how others may possibly exploit that. Suarez showed to be very hittable against a smaller, lankier, less physical fighter. Again, Zhang would't have to touch her much to finish her, especially when you consider Suarez' reaction to being hit by Ansaroff.

It's not that simple. Zhang hits hard and has good technique but that's not all there is to being a good puncher, you also need the setups to make those punches land consistently and that's something Zhang hasn't shown yet, at least not on the same level as Rose and especially Shevchenko.

Let's look at Rose first. She has a long reach along with fast feet and in & out movement, she used her feinting & footwork to keep Joanna guessing & frustrate her, and that's what allows her to land clean punches. She feints effectively, changes her timing, and as long as she's fighting at her preferred pace & range she's hard to hit clean. Zhang hasn't shown those skills yet in her fights. She's a much more predictable fighter than Namajunas.

Shevchenko is probably the fastest fighter in WMMA and has absurd reaction times. She's also the best at reading & timing opponents for oounters, along with the best footwork, defence, and distance control. Zhang is nowhere close to having Valentina's reads and timing, nor does she have her defence or distance control. Keep in mind that Tecia Torres was getting inside and punching up Zhang only a couple fights ago. Joanna has a much longer reach along with more speed, she could conceivably pull a GSP and jab her in the face for 5 rounds.

I think the Joanna that fought Valentina beats Zhang. Weili has never gone up against anyone with Joanna's outside striking game, she's never had to deal with a good jabber or body kicker. And unlike Rose, Joanna doesn't fall apart under pressure after a round, she can fight on the retreat for 5 rounds if that's what's needed. Until Zhang shows the required setups & skills or Joanna shows that's she's gone downhill, the fight is a lot more even than most people think.

Last edited:
It's not that simple. Zhang hits hard and has good technique but that's not all there is to being a good puncher, you also need the setups to make those punches land consistently and that's Zhang hasn't shown yet, at least not on the same level as Rose and especially Shevchenko.

Let's look at Rose first. She has a long reach along with fast feet and in & out movement, she used her feinting & footwork to keep Joanna guessing & frustrate her, and that's what allows her to land clean punches. She feints effectively, changes her timing, and as long as she's fighting at her preferred pace & range she's hard to hit clean. Zhang hasn't shown those skills yet in her fights. She's a much more predictable fighter than Namajunas.

Shevchenko is probably the fastest fighter in WMMA and has absurd reaction times. She's also the best at reading & timing opponents for oounters, along with the best footwork, defence, and distance control. Zhang is nowhere close to having Valentina's reads and timing, nor does she have her defence or distance control. Keep in mind that Tecia Torres was getting inside and punching up Zhang only a couple fights ago. Joanna has a much longer reach along with more speed, she could conceivably pull a GSP and jab her in the face for 5 rounds.

I think the Joanna that fought Valentina beats Zhang. Weili has never gone up against anyone with Joanna's outside striking game, she's never had to deal with a good jabber or body kicker. And unlike Rose, Joanna doesn't fall apart under pressure after a round, she can fight on the retreat for 5 rounds if that's what's needed. Until Zhang shows the required setups & skills or Joanna shows that's she's gone downhill, the fight is a lot more even than most people think.
Thank you for having something of substance. @leto1776 could learn a lot from you.

I agree with almost everything you say. You know striking very well. The reason I never brought up set ups, footwork, is because I never made it that far with the other guy. You got it all in one post.

Though Joanna does have the skillset to frustrate Zhang, she'd have to be absolutely flawless for 25 minutes (or at least until Zhang gasses, another untested aspect of her game). As I mentioned previously, as sharp as Joanna is, she's very hittable, and not just by competant strikers. KK and Claudia landed on Joanna as well (KK hurt her bad) , because she's very linear in her attack. Zhang is only going to need one to seriously hurt or outright KO Joanna. Zhang is no Andrade, she will find a way inside, and either Joanna clip or clinch up with her. Technique wise, Joanna should have the edge here, but Zhang is a genetic specimen. I believe she would out muscle Joanna here and have her way with her. Zhang lands some concussive elbows from the position. See the Andrade and Aguilar fights.

Headmoment!!!

There is none...
I wanna see that chin tested.

Last edited:
War Zhang!

This. Neither JJ or Waterson can take the amount of damage Zhang can dish out. Even Andrade couldn't take it. Zhang only has to land one somewhat hard punch and JJ would get dropped worse than Rose dropped her with a jab.

100% agree.
Zhang would have few problems with JJ, and her fighting Michelle should be against the law. WZ/MW is a cruel fight where I'd just hope that Michelle went to sleep quickly.
Of the bunch I'd give Rose the best shot because despite her downfalls, and there are many, she's the smartest imo.
But even having a good fight IQ I still don't see Rose handling WZ's clinch, strength, technical at every level of her vast skill set....etc...all day.....etc...

523.jpg

"You welCum"

TY Great pics!

Thank you for having something of substance. @leto1776 could learn a lot from you.

I agree with almost everything you say. You know striking very well. The reason I never brought up set ups, footwork, is because I never made it that far with the other guy. You got it all in one post.

Though Joanna does have the skillset to frustrate Zhang, she'd have to be absolutely flawless for 25 minutes (or at least until Zhang gasses, another untested aspect of her game). As I mentioned previously, as sharp as Joanna is, she's very hittable, and not just by competant strikers. KK and Claudia landed on Joanna as well (KK hurt her bad) , because she's very linear in her attack. Zhang is only going to need one to seriously hurt or outright KO Joanna. Zhang is no Andrade, she will find a way inside, and either Joanna clip or clinch up with her. Technique wise, Joanna should have the edge here, but Zhang is a genetic specimen. I believe she would out muscle Joanna here and have her way with her. Zhang lands some concussive elbows from the position. See the Andrade and Aguilar fights.

I wanna see that chin tested.
Are we overrating zhangs power a bit? Why do you think taylor and torres never got KOed by zhang? Not trying to be a smart ass tbh. Genuinely just want to get your thoughts here.

Thats some lethal hands, none of that fancy patty cake bullshit simple and basic, throwing full blast at the trainers pads. if you wanna see some horrible pad work look at this the trainer is trying to show off and look fancy and this does nothing for the fighter its horrible

I tend to agree with you but that is just either a warm up or a cool down at half pace. Christ the pad man isnt even looking hahahaha.

doubt it was a serious workout.

It's not that simple. Zhang hits hard and has good technique but that's not all there is to being a good puncher, you also need the setups to make those punches land consistently and that's something Zhang hasn't shown yet, at least not on the same level as Rose and especially Shevchenko.

you have made me re-evaluate hiw I see JJ vs ZW thanks for the insightful post.

Are we overrating zhangs power a bit? Why do you think taylor and torres never got KOed by zhang? Not trying to be a smart ass tbh. Genuinely just want to get your thoughts here.
No need to clarify man, that dude came incorrect. To be completely honest, I missed both those fights. I've only seen her fights against Andrade and JAG. Been looking for highlights or clips on YT. If you come across any they'd be greatly appreciated.

I get a hard on every time I read this thread's title

I tend to agree with you but that is just either a warm up or a cool down at half pace. Christ the pad man isnt even looking hahahaha.

doubt it was a serious workout.
Nope that is his serious pad work he wasnt looking to show off. he was doing most of the work not the fighter.

The UFC must be nervous as fuck that someone's gonna ask her a Hong Kong question and get herself NBA'ed. Everyone with business in China is walking on eggshells right now.

Back