Zeus Deportes Custom 16oz. Lace-Up Grant-Style Training Glove Review

I hope for his sake that’s not the case. He’s got a daughter and is a school teacher.

Still, I can’t really make sense of what he’s doing otherwise. So maybe you’re right.

It could also be gambling issues or other types of addictive behaviours.

Or he is just an ass.

It could also be gambling issues or other types of addictive behaviours.

Or he is just an ass.
Yeah. He doesn’t seem like an ass (but that’s mainly because I’ve assumed he’s been honest with me).

Something is definitely up.

Probably the last update: it’s been several days now. After messaging and calling Dorian a ton of times, I have gotten no response from him. I know he’s seen that I sent him messages because I’ve been reduced to stalker status.

I’m giving up now. What frustrates me most is that he won’t admit to doing something dishonest. And he probably doesn’t think he is a liar and a thief. That’s his problem, though.

PLT: don’t use ‘friends and family’ on PayPal unless you actually know the guy...

I say you should forget about that guy even though it sucked that you didn't receive your gloves. However I'm a believer in karma and that guy is going to get it.

I say you should forget about that guy even though it sucked that you didn't receive your gloves. However I'm a believer in karma and that guy is going to get it.
Yeah.

I am sorry to everyone who purchased from him based on my recommendation.

Ive never heard of the guy, yeah people need to be careful when making purchases from other users. Lots of shady people which is the #1 reason why I took my posting off for getting rid of some of the mid tier gear I had posted. I think it took me about 2 times getting burnt before I realized people just want free stuff. SO i got burnt as a seller.

Nice thing is you have his address....I say some should make a little trip and fill the room with uppercuts

Probably the last update: it’s been several days now. After messaging and calling Dorian a ton of times, I have gotten no response from him. I know he’s seen that I sent him messages because I’ve been reduced to stalker status.

I’m giving up now. What frustrates me most is that he won’t admit to doing something dishonest. And he probably doesn’t think he is a liar and a thief. That’s his problem, though.

PLT: don’t use ‘friends and family’ on PayPal unless you actually know the guy...

Damn son,

That's fuked up. Looks like I got a pretty rare set of the now defunct Zeus Deportes line of gear. Although, they seem to look exactly like the TM brand @Technoir is offering. So I'm pretty sure they are from the same supplier. Also glad I never took that guys offer for more discounted gear, as I am sure I would of prob got nothing.

Sorry to hear about your circumstance.

Damn son,

That's fuked up. Looks like I got a pretty rare set of the now defunct Zeus Deportes line of gear. Although, they seem to look exactly like the TM brand @Technoir is offering. So I'm pretty sure they are from the same supplier. Also glad I never took that guys offer for more discounted gear, as I am sure I would of prob got nothing.

Sorry to hear about your circumstance.
Yeah, as far as I know they're the same gloves. Except the price for TM gloves are unjustly high, in my opinion. You can order direct from New Sporting (the glove maker himself, Daniel Hernandez is his name, I think) for around $104(?) shipped from what I understand. Others who have ordered direct will be able to say more if they're around.

Yeah, as far as I know they're the same gloves. Except the price for TM gloves are unjustly high, in my opinion. You can order direct from New Sporting (the glove maker himself, Daniel Hernandez is his name, I think) for around $104(?) shipped from what I understand. Others who have ordered direct will be able to say more if they're around.

If you order direct from Daniel, he has Paypal but you'll have to do it thru Facebook and probably have to use Google Translate unless you speak Spanish. Price is $1,100 MXN (16oz gloves) + $900 MXN (Shipping from Mexico to Los Angeles with DHL). Took about 2 weeks to make the glove and 3 days to ship and arrive. Good luck

If you order direct from Daniel, he has Paypal but you'll have to do it thru Facebook and probably have to use Google Translate unless you speak Spanish. Price is $1,100 MXN (16oz gloves) + $900 MXN (Shipping from Mexico to Los Angeles with DHL). Took about 2 weeks to make the glove and 3 days to ship and arrive. Good luck

Please tell us more about the gloves. Do they have good craftsmanship ? Or only look good, but don't appear to last ? Thanks.

After an exchange with Juan, I'd like to amend my statement about his gloves being 'unjustly high.' In terms of what it costs him, the price of the gloves makes sense. What I meant was that I do not think that the gloves are worth the high price, not that there is any injustice involved.

<mma4>Did not know that...

Thanks for the heads up !

Please tell us more about the gloves. Do they have good craftsmanship ? Or only look good, but don't appear to last ? Thanks.

I have 1 pair Boxeo TM and 1 pair New Sporting, both 16 oz lace-up.
-Leather is thick, and seems durable. I think I was fortunate to not get cheap leather.
-Craftsmanship is okay, but not the best. Reyes and Classics have better craftsmanship and stitching.
-Design is comfortable, and wrist support is excellent.
-I was fortunate to have a liner covering the inside of the fingertips on both pairs of gloves. I think enough people have complained about this issue that I think they are being implemented now, but I don't think they were as default.
-Are they worth the $400-700 Grants asks for? Abslutely not. Are they worth ~$105 shipped? Yeah, I think so. Maybe not the absolute best IMO for that price, but you could do worse. Are they worth the $1100 MXN (~$60 USD) retail price? Definitely!

Are you sure you can’t open a case with PayPal? Or did he make you send it as a “family and friends “ payment? My girlfriend had to file a case with PayPal not too long ago and she got her money back.

Are you sure you can’t open a case with PayPal? Or did he make you send it as a “family and friends “ payment? My girlfriend had to file a case with PayPal not too long ago and she got her money back.
Sorry for the late reply. I paid using 'family and friends' because I am naive. Haha, never again.

Sorry for the late reply. I paid using 'family and friends' because I am naive. Haha, never again.
Yeah, always say no when anyone selling you something asks you to send it as a family / friends payment. A lot of people don’t realize that this voids all your protections as a buyer. By the way, have you heard anything back about the gloves?

Small update on New Sporting gloves. The price quoted was 77 for the gloves and 55 to ship in norcal. So prices have bumped up a tad. Wish I heard about them sooner! 105 was a steal! Going to bite the bullet to try some authentic Grant style gloves. For any old timers who remember Clamp's reviews, He still posts the occasional gear review on his youtube Channel " Christna Kim" I stumbled upon it while looking for more info on New Sporting.

Back