Zero televised WMMA fights on the whole card for UFC 241

Yagadot

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
The two WMMA fights are on fightpass. That hasn’t happened for a long time surely? Maybe a switch in direction? UFC don't seem to be investing in creating new WMMA stars.

Zero wmma fights on ufc Vancouver as well. 13 fights of pure male on male violence. Yum.

That's too bad. WMMA is fun.

Still a great card though.

Didn't mean miss WMMA at all -
It's filler to keep,the crowd in check so the Main Event has crowd energy

What wormens sport is profitable on a pro level

This post makes no sense...

giphy.gif

Guessing you missed last week's main event. Fuck all fun to be had there.
I watched it. Very bad fight. About as bad as Silva vs Maia.

In general, WMMA fights are entertaining, IMO.

I'm cool with that - unless it's one of the top gals they're mostly like watching two elderly people fight; just kinda slow, awkward and like something could happen but not planned.

Well there really aren't any. Amanda Nunes when she headlines gets max 100k buys. They got rid of Cat Zigano and Cyborg. The only person in all the womens divisions who is even a slight draw is Holly Holm and she's never getting the belt back. The only WMMA fighters I even remotely care about watching besides a title fight or Holm are Thug Rose, Joanna Jedrzejczyk and Joanne Calderwood.

It easily makes sense. Are you inept at reading comprehension?

Reading comprehension is one of my strengths, actually, thanks for asking.

This quote is the one you say makes sense. Now , ignoring the grammar and spelling errors, I am to assume that the genius writing the post is trying to make two points.

First, that WMMA is meant to keep the crowd UNexcited, so they don't waste all their energy before the Main Event. That makes no sense.

The other point is that no women's sports are profitable at a pro level. What about women's tennis, or pro wrestling? Also a silly argument.

Therefore, that post makes no sense.

Reading comprehension is one of my strengths, actually, thanks for asking.

This quote is the one you say makes sense. Now , ignoring the grammar and spelling errors, I am to assume that the genius writing the post is trying to make two points.

First, that WMMA is meant to keep the crowd UNexcited, so they don't waste all their energy before the Main Event. That makes no sense.

The other point is that no women's sports are profitable at a pro level. What about women's tennis, or pro wrestling? Also a silly argument.

Therefore, that post makes no sense.

Firstly, it would make sense. They need WMMA to psychologically numb the fans, while controlling their adrenaline levels so that they don’t get to hyped on real fights and start tearing buildings apart and turning into animals(like a man). Men are strong, fast, ferocious beings and women fighting makes men lower their hype, due to the fact we can see every move a woman does two days before she does it. This is my opinion. Women never innovate in athletics prior to men. This is also my opinion along with science.

Secondly, he never said no women’s sport makes a profit. He merely “asked” which one(s) do. So it does make sense.

Next question please.

Back