Zero Respect for Cerrone

same site that hated on Ronda for hiding in a pillow {<jordan}

Once again, MMA has the worst, dumbest fanbase in all of sports

In his defense you don't expect that shot to keep happening, and by the time it "mattered," he was already stunned.

I understand what you're saying, it's logical... But FOUR TIMES in succession, in the same position, coming from BELOW and telegraphed by the fact that you can feel your opponent lunging upward? Beyond absurd for a fighter with so much experience.

That was a typical Cerrone loss. Just so happened it was in less than a minute. Every time he gets ko’d, it happens after he’s getting dominated, stiff as a board and not fighting back.

You're blind, Poirier got caught behind the ear and lost his equilibrium, at no point did he turtle.
If you're thinking getting caught while trying to be offensive is more embarrassing than talking yourself up as a warrior and alpha male like Cerrone did in his interviews and immediately turtle & quit without swinging back ONCE, I don't know what to tell you, other than that you're wrong.

Can't be wrong about an opinion chief. I didn't watch the pre-fight build up. I can't stand Mcgregor, that would be like torturing myself.. so naturally I didn't hear what Cowboy said neither. But, they'll say what they have to say to build a fight.

Washed up gatekeeper more embarassing than reigning 5 year FW champ(and WEC champ before than so it was really a 7 year reign) getting one punched in 13 seconds?

Feel free to put it to a vote, but Aldo's loss was way more embarrassing all things considered.

Why no respect?
He was gracious for the match.
He wanted to bang with one of mma's greatest strikers.
He was a sizable underdog.
He didn't talk any trash.

He's 36; he just got beat by a great fighter. People love to hate Conor, but he's a beast. We all knew it was a tuneup anyway, so what's the problem here?

For everyone that paid for tonight's PPV... congrats, you got took!!!
EObAzRUWAAA2gOb.jpg

No, just not smile huge like that. No one said anything about crying. We're talking about not smiling huge like that. That's all.
So he's supposed to hate his opponent and act like a bitter child and a sore loser to make sure he gets your approval instead of some insults sent from an anonymous profile? That's still a weird attitude towards a sports competition. He went out there to fight, he went out there to win the biggest fight of his life, he ended up losing badly. Fight's done, Cerrone is professional, experienced and simply cool enough to deal with it and not let it mentally alter his general attitude.

He stood in the clinch and took the same shot about 4 times while doing nothing.
Not sure why he did not grapple after getting his nose worked like that.
Easily should have slowed it down by going for a take down.

Are you saying he WAS a multimillionaire before he ever started cage fighting, or he is a millionaire now after years of fighting?

He is a trust fund baby.
His grandparents are/was doctors that made bank and put some nice money in a trust for him.
He is born well off.

You got to be kidding, right? The dude is past his prime and has a family now that's most important to him. He clearly doesn't care he lost and he appreciates his family now. Why should anyone be disrespected for that? If he was nearing his prime and was 10 years younger, I would say that, but not now.

What an embarrassing thread to make...

Threads like this make me thankful to not be a mod, because I would just ban TS for being such a shit fan lol

Basically he's like a Vince Carter/T-Mac/James Harden type of person, as opposed to a Kobe/Jordan/Larry Bird.

One group does it cause they're good at it, and it's fun, and they'll do their best, whereas the other group cannot SLEEP if they didn't absolutely murder you.
You my friend are a gentleman and a scholar; 100% agree!

Are you saying he WAS a multimillionaire before he ever started cage fighting, or he is a millionaire now after years of fighting?

He has a trust fund, he apparently has never touched. He doesn’t need to fight 4 times a year against anyone they offer him but he does it for the fans. He’s also never in a boring fight

Dear lord.... this was the most embarassing performance I have ever seen.

<mma3>

Aldo doesn’t appreciate your comment.

thee worst makes you sound pretty casual tbh.
All of the bad performances over rounds and rounds of fighting and you thinking someone getting finished quick is the worst? Ehhhhh
pretty casual comment fueld by Conor hate.
<BC1>

Dear lord.... this was the most embarassing performance I have ever seen.

Dude not only lost but at no point he fought back in the most important fight of his life and after that shit he was all smiles, laughing and hugging everybody in the octagon.

How you can Respect that? You see guys like Cormier or Gus being totally devastated when they lose a big fight but somehow Cerrone was like something good just happened to him.

I hope the payday was worth your dignity Cerrone

Shake-My-Head-Reaction-Gif.gif
You can have a legit disgusting performance in a fight you took a dive in

It’s crazy that same guy has the most ufc wins and bonuses and everything else.

You really never know what Cowboy is going to show up as they say.

Back