Zero Dark Thirty (No spoilers)

Phreaxer

Black Belt
Reaction score
DARK-THIRTY-5.jpg

I saw it yesterday and I have to say it was a very interesting movie. It's a hard film to say was either enjoyable or entertaining, but I think that was more due to the material than the acting or film work. If I were to complain about anything, I would say that it is a bit too long and drug out. Granted it has to cover a lot of content for over a decade of time. It's definitely worth seeing. An interesting aside is that I found it to be refreshingly unbiased. I expected heavy political and social bias, but it was minimal at most.

Last edited:
It just felt like a toned down Homeland.

The Maya chick is simply a less crazy version of Carrie.

I've never watched Homeland, so I can't really speak on it.

0DT was supposed to be very accurate to the actual events, but it's all classified info, so who really knows, right?

NO SPOILERS????
What like the twist at the end where Bin Laden lives!?!

Yeah, I don't like giving things away, so I wanted to make it clear. Whether he lives or dies, you'll have to watch the movie to find out...

I stopped watching 30 minutes in. Doesn't surprise me being that Hurt Locker sucked and this just confirms Bigelow is a director for the American propaganda machine. Will never watch any of her movies again. Yuck.

What are you talking about? At least back up the comment with reasons or examples...

I stopped watching 30 minutes in. Doesn't surprise me being that Hurt Locker sucked and this just confirms Bigelow is a director for the American propaganda machine. Will never watch any of her movies again. Yuck.

hmmmm. What? Anyways, I read that some military personel were under investigation because they released some sensitive classified information to the makers of this film. Who knows what information that was, but that leads me to believe it's probably pretty close to actual events.

I sat throughout the whole movie because I was with a chick that wanted to see it.
Movie was so goddam boring. The only good part is when they actually go into Osama's complex and fuck shit up. The first hour and a half was a straight snore.

I was expecting a "Murrrica" movie, but what I received was something different, although this movie does imply torture and all of that helped find bin Laden, it definitely calls into question the legitimacy of torture versus sound military intelligence.

Moreover, I liked this movie because it did not dumb itself down for a wide spread audience, they talked about relative military intelligence factors, including the American relationship with regional allies like Jordanian intelligence, and how the organizational structure of a terrorist network is carried out, etc.

I would give it an 85/100

Quality review. Well said. Much better than the guy before you... :rolleyes:

Back