Zercher Shoot and Rack with Chain Yoke

You dont round your back at all, unlike in Zercher deads. Would setting the bar lower be more realistic as well as making the exercise harder?

You're a badass Brad...a badass.

I also like take's idea about wrapping foam around it.

Elastic bands tied to the bar and bottom of the rack would offer active resistance. Just a tought, probably not so easy to find suitable ones.

That'd be cool to have the bands pulling backwards against the bar. That way you'd have resistance in both directions. The weight pulling down and the band pulling back.

Patent pending.

You dont round your back at all, unlike in Zercher deads. Would setting the bar lower be more realistic as well as making the exercise harder?

He said he wouldn't be able to get his knee under the bar. As it is, with all the movement/swinging of the weights, I think it provides more than enough of a dynamic movement in many directions - like an opponent, as Brad said. It's also about the weight of his opponents too, which makes it even sweeter. MORE VIDS!! MORE WEIGHT!!

Nice, Brad. Very nice. Too bad you dont have a longer rack. The rack I use to do this (after seein' your first vids) has enough space that I can get about 2 steps in as I'm liftin' the bar. I'd love to try with the chains and yokes, but I have a feelin' that wouldn't be welcome at my college gym...

Little change up on Brad's idea. A lot of fun. 75 lb bag.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/mpl-Gy6zI_0&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mpl-Gy6zI_0&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Nice BB. Very nice. Now make it so that you can pick on someone in your weight class rather than a skinny ass emo kid. :D

are you suggesting that skinny emo kids are undeserving of the slampage?

Nice BB. Very nice. Now make it so that you can pick on someone in your weight class rather than a skinny ass emo kid. :D

Yeah, working on that! I'll gradually work up teh weight.
Damn good original idea from Brad though, leads to all kinds of possible variations.

are you suggesting that skinny emo kids are undeserving of the slampage?

Far from it. They're good for some light de-loadin' work, or rehab work if you're comin' off an injury, but not really for serious trainin'....

Far from it. They're good for some light de-loadin' work, or rehab work if you're comin' off an injury, but not really for serious trainin'....

Well, I don't train seriously, I'm just a recreational / hobbyist / enthusiast... so me running into anything over lean emo kid weight will probably knock me on my ass.

The only way I've come up with potentially adding weight is to put a concrete filled pvc 3 or 4 inch pipe in the middle of the rolled up mat. I'll try it. Hopefully the dynamic element of the movement will still remain intact.

As it stands, Brad's movement is a strength and power one, and my variation is a conditioning and speed one.

Well, I don't train seriously, I'm just a recreational / hobbyist / enthusiast... so me running into anything over lean emo kid weight will probably knock me on my ass.

The only way I've come up with potentially adding weight is to put a concrete filled pvc 3 or 4 inch pipe in the middle of the rolled up mat. I'll try it. Hopefully the dynamic element of the movement will still remain intact.

As it stands, Brad's movement is a strength and power one, and my variation is a conditioning and speed one.

Ahh, well, so am I. For me, trainin'/fightin' is mainly a hobby at this point.

Sounds like it would work.

I guess I figure that for somethin' like this, which uses muscles pretty much the same way a double leg does, you'd be best usin' somethin' that's BW or heavier, and just doin' it a lot. I'm tryin' to work the shoot and rack into my routine more regularly...

Back