Zercher DLs

BreezerD**

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
What are the muscles emphasised in the ZDL? And what other differences are there?

Thanks guys.

same groups as regular DL, but with massively extended ROM (and therefor serious glute/ham action) and heavier emphasis on upper back. much harder to initiate without compromising your back too.

also, your forearms get ravaged.

same groups as regular DL, but with massively extended ROM (and therefor serious glute/ham action) and heavier emphasis on upper back. much harder to initiate without compromising your back too.

also, your forearms get ravaged.

Really? I would disagree. Very low-back intensive, IMO. And since you're not pulling the bar toward you to keep it in contact with your legs like you do in a conventional deadlift, I would say the upper back contribution is diminished.

Am I the only one that can't even get close to the starting position for those??

It's a stretch for me to get into the starting position. On my warm-up sets at 135 and 225, I have a hard time getting the bar to touch the floor between reps.

Sweet. One of my videos posted as a reference by somebody else. lol.

Obviously, likkuid, you found how I do 'em. Just be very careful of the negative that way on heavy reps.

Really? I would disagree. Very low-back intensive, IMO. And since you're not pulling the bar toward you to keep it in contact with your legs like you do in a conventional deadlift, I would say the upper back contribution is diminished.

+1

Z deads DESTROY my lower back. Fantastic lift, though, and they will assuredly make a man out of you. Don't get cocky on weight starting out either. My ZDL PR is 175 less than my DL PR.

Man, I love zercher threads...they make me feel strong...unlike squat and bench threads :(

+1

Z deads DESTROY my lower back. Fantastic lift, though, and they will assuredly make a man out of you. Don't get cocky on weight starting out either. My ZDL PR is 175 less than my DL PR.

My best Zercher is 130lbs less than my best conventional... Although I'm sure the gap could be wider and will get such.

I haven't done them at all in awhile. With all the other stuff I have to work on, it would basically be ego stroking for me to do them much.

I haven't done them at all in awhile. With all the other stuff I have to work on, it would basically be ego stroking for me to do them much.

You're not jealous of my speed off the floor with 505 due to ZDLs?

When I get 5 plates in a couple months, then I'll worry about bar speed.

Right now I'm just jealous of 505 in general, and I resent you for being stronger than me :)

Back