Zemanjaski, jiu-jitsu and 531 log

It was the first time that I had faced something like that, so I was trying to figure it out on the fly - ill be more aware next time.

Congrats on all the wins! You seem really patient which must be a good thing for BJJ. Do you also do gi BJJ?

Thanks! I'm mostly a gi guy, although I do enjoy no more. My goals for next year are definitely no gi oriented. As for being patient, it's probably just because I prefer counter wrestling - I'm happy to fight at their pace and just defend until they offer up a single leg.

Tuesday, 20th December

531 Military:

5 x 25kg
5 x 30kg
3 x 37.5kg
3 x 42.5kg
3 x 50kg
6 x 55kg

531 Squat:

5 x 50kg
5 x 60kg
3 x 70kg
3 x 82.5kg
3 x 95kg
11 x 107.5kg

90 minutes gi jiu-jitsu

Every moment...is agony.

Strong squatting! You always get crazy reps on the AMAP sets

Thanks! It's strange. By rep 4-5 I am tiring, but I just pause at the top of each rep, take a breath and push through each rep, one after the other. It's bizzare. I kind of tell myself not to give up and just urge myself forward. I guess I'm just getting mentally stronger and more driven - I am really starting to feel the difference in power when rolling and I want the effect to be even greater!

Oh how I would love an 1100 total this time next year.

Nice job on your BJJ matches, you did well

would you mind doing me a favor? whenever you have time, i started a Competition Thread a while ago, could you copy and paste your grappling stuff in there? I'm trying my best not to let it fade into nothingness because i think it could be a great resource for some people, Thanks! squats are looking good

Sure thing - can you link me to it? I can only find a thread in the SC forum, unless that's what you mean.

Thanks for dropping by my log. And great squatting- 11 reps at nearly 110kg is tough.

Friday, 23rd December

531 Bench:

5 x 35kg
5 x 45kg
3 x 55kg
3 x 62.5kg
3 x 72.5kg
8 x 82.5kg

Felt weak and laboured. I just don't have a strong aptitude for bench I'm afraid :( I'll have to look at assistance work next cycle.

Volume-add Squats:

5 x 50kg
5 x 60kg
5 x 70kg

Easy.

How did I miss that my log had been graced by the presence if the great one - Jaunty! I can tell my children about this day.

How did I miss that my log had been graced by the presence if the great one - Jaunty! I can tell my children about this day.

Your attitude does you credit. This is the kind of thing that makes the International JauntyPoints Committee sit up and take notice!

Jaunty, don't mess with my emotions. It's Christmas. I'd kill my family for a Jaunty Point and now that's all I can think of.

Jaunty, don't mess with my emotions. It's Christmas. I'd kill my family for a Jaunty Point and now that's all I can think of.

JPs are often awarded for athletic achievement, so channel that desire- it will drive you to great heights. It was the possibility of a JauntyPoint that drove MMAJester to a 1200lb total in his first ever meet, and the (admittedly very slim) possibility of another that is driving him towards en elite total.

Duly noted.

Saturday, 24th December

531 Deadlift:

5 x 57.5kg
5 x 72.5kg
3 x 85kg
3 x 100kg
3 x 115kg
8 x 130kg

Assistance Reps:

10 x 85kg
10 x 85kg