Zahabi hints that GSP could come back if 165lbs was introduced

That's where I disagree. If the UFC knew jack shit about how to create a commercial ad, they could put an epic buildup together for him vs Woodley

Also, the whole "legacy, new belt" statement is just a spin. What is a legacy? Who even watches or retains memories of MMA outside of a small, core audience? How do you quantify a legacy in relative comparison of winning the WW or LW belt at this stage?

If money is purely the issue, well, again... I think that is debatable. Khabib is not a draw on US soil, and that's where the revenue is really coming from. As for a fight versus Conor, well... That's basically just a sideshow at this point.

Well, I’m a huge gsp fan, I find the fight with woodley not interesting at all.

Woodley isn’t exciting to me, and I see him more as a “gatekeeper” since ww is pretty dry right now.

I don’t see it as George challenging himself and would expect him to win, and probubaly would not get the PPV. It would be George’s only ufc fight I did not buy.

No interest what so ever.

Now George trying to cut down to a new weight, and testing himself there vs an undefeated champ. That’s slightly more interesting at least.

If woodley goes on a tear, and racks up a few more dominant finishes then I would want to see George come back to ww to challenge him. But not vs current woodley.

I really wanted him to defend against Whitaker, then challenge dc for the lhw belt, but his health had other plans. Is what it is.

The bisping fight might very well be Goerges last fight, or maybe just his last fight I am interested enough in to buy.

I completely got out of mma, and didn’t even come on here for a long ass time. George making his return brought me back.

A fighter that can't fight often is irrelevant. Even if they are really good. I can't stand cherry picking today.

A fighter that can't fight often is irrelevant. Even if they are really good. I can't stand cherry picking today.

The problem is that guys such as that tend to be names that pull in viewer interest, and so their pay demands almost make it necessary to grant them title fights to make employing them worthwhile. (And we all know that Endeavor is obsessed with all main events being title fights, whether they're worthless interim belts or not)

He should just do a couple of big fights at 170.
165, 170, not a big difference for him.

I’d like to see him vs Ben Askren. That’s a great fight that should have happened years ago.
It would sell better than any other fight at WW.

GSP doesn't want to go on another long ass title reign. He already did that in his prime. But, if he wanted to, he could. Personally, I believe GSP would be able to stuff Khabib's td attempts. I think he may even take Khabib down and wrestlefuck him. If nothing else, it would be jab city just like Kos. GSP isn't afraid of the td, so he would obviously own the standup.

It never ceases to amaze me how silly the thought of a 165lb class is. 5lb difference from 170. Too close to do anything but make 2 thin divisions where there should be 1 deep division. So pointless

Thank you

UFC needs less weightclasses, not more

My idea:

5 weightclasses, all of them far enough apart that there would be no easy jumping from one class to the next, and the belts would be more prestgious than they are now

Is that supposed to mean something?
He looked unusually small in September, then gained a lot of size a couple of months later, which suggests he did indeed attempt a test cut; whether or not it went well I have no idea, but it looks like he made the attempt.

Is terrible when you consider the demographics of body types.

He should just do a couple of big fights at 170.
165, 170, not a big difference for him.

I’d like to see him vs Ben Askren. That’s a great fight that should have happened years ago.
It would sell better than any other fight at WW.
What has or who has askren beaten that makes you think he deserves a fight with gsp. Let's see him get past Robbie and then another contender first

I love GSP but am done speculating notwithstanding my user name when he's coming back. He's got 3 more fights on his contract and doesn't want to fight past the age of 40. He turns 40 in 2021. We have race track and I'm looking forward to seeing him back at some point.
Your sn is awesome, player

I love the posts listing out who GSP has not fought

the dude cleaned out WW multiple times when basically all the legit WW talent globally was in the UFC and it was generally viewed as first or second toughest division.

then he comes out of retirement and finishes the 185 champ

seems to me that strength of schedule is pretty strong

This, it’s laughable that people think Georges will beat a young hungry prime Khabib because he barely scraped by one eyed Bisping

Khabib dominates and finishes GSP after he gasses.
"Barely scraped by"??? He fucking annihilated Bisping. And GSP made a career out of beating one dimensional guys like khabib. I favor him pretty heavily there.

yeah because bisping was on the level of prime anderson, romero, whittaker and such, right?

No comparison on those you mentioned and got nothing to do with the topic...

Why 165 ... Why not 170... Oh because gsps scared to lose at ww.

Why not 155 oh because gsp can only fight mcgregor at 155 due to magic.

So 165 yeah.. Makes alot of no sense at all khabib beats gsp 10 outa 10 times

Thank you
You do realize there all cutting weight 25 pounds average..
UFC needs less weightclasses, not more

My idea:

5 weightclasses, all of them far enough apart that there would be no easy jumping from one class to the next, and the belts would be more prestgious than they are now
185 div would be fucked..

This, it’s laughable that people think Georges will beat a young hungry prime Khabib because he barely scraped by one eyed Bisping

Khabib dominates and finishes GSP after he gasses.
GSP is smart, he will come in the tank full.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back