Zahabi hints that GSP could come back if 165lbs was introduced

I wouldn't mind a 165 division. But why not just have Khabib fight GSP at catch weight for a one off fight?
Because GSP is probably not interested in anything other than a title fight. In a perfect world, GSP would fight someone in the top 10 at LW, win and then fight Khabib for the LW strap in order to potentially go down in history books as the triple champ. In reality, though, I'm having some doubts about GSP wanting to fight Khabib at all since the 165 division will never happen.

Zabibi talking out of his ass, there isn’t gonna be a 165, people need to put the crack pipes down about this shit.

Gsp made a test cut to 55, knows he can make the weight.

Wants LW belt, Kahib Ans Conor have their bearing still to come and Dana doesn’t want gsp stealing another belt, it’s a cluster fuck right now.

Why GSP vs Khabib?

It's Woodley he needs to fight. For some reason GSP just never gave that guy his shot.

He and his camp told Dana they wanted the mw belt before bisping ko’d Rock salt.

When it was first announced rockhold was still champ.

Mm, well, at the end of the day it's all smoke and mirrors. The reality, though, is that he came back for one fight against Bisping and then surrendered the belt rather than face Whittaker or Romero due to colitis. Then, literally a month later, he's suddenly open to fighting again, but at 155.

I'm not implying that any pro fighters fear one another - that's just a brainless and ludicrous asertion. However, it looks as though GSP is being highly selective of preferable matchups, and to that point, I have to agree with what White said a few months back., because as a fan I can only say that if you aren't here to challenge yourself, you ought to stop wasting our time.

I want him to go down to 155
Yes, he can make 155

Khabib-Nurmagomedov-Georges-St-Pierre-768x768.jpg

#3DivisionsChamp
khabib should move to ww

Mm, well, at the end of the day it's all smoke and mirrors. The reality, though, is that he came back for one fight against Bisping and then surrendered the belt rather than face Whittaker or Romero due to colitis. Then, literally a month later, he's suddenly open to fighting again, but at 155.

I'm not implying that any pro fighters fear one another - that's just a brainless and ludicrous asertion. However, it looks as though GSP is being highly selective of preferable matchups, and to that point, I have to agree with what White said a few months back., because as a fan I can only say that if you aren't here to challenge yourself, you ought to stop wasting our time.
He dropped weight like a concentration camp prisoner, you want him to fight at MW again at a 155’ers size??

Somewhere RDA is blowing a gasket.

Finally make a weight division that would be perfectly suited to him and the king of wrestle fuck would end up as his opponent.

He dropped weight like a concentration camp prisoner, you want him to fight at MW again at a 155’ers size??

LOL! Damned right!!!

<{JustBleed}>

No, I just want him to compete at 170. Him vs Woodley would be amazing.

khabib and ferguson are in a complete different level than a 40 year old bisping
Kind of odd then that neither of them moved up in weight to challenge for that MW title.

170 would be changed to 175 and putting one division between LW and WW wouldn't make either division weak, WW and LW are the deepest divisions in MMA history.
That makes a little more sense, I’m over here wondering why we’d want a 170 and 165 class.

Ww is this and weak right now, while true it’s normally a stacked ass division right now it just isn’t.

Making a 165 takes a few fighters out of it and only leaves a couple big enough for 175, making 175 super thin and there is only a couple of 170’ers small enough for 65 anyway.

It just doesn’t make sense right now.

Kind of odd then that neither of them moved up in weight to challenge for that MW title.
MW? they're LWs. but khabib is talking about it and wouldn't doubt of moving up. also the guy in my av is talking about going to FW, so there's that. hell, even a can like mcgregor moved up

There’s no point for gsp to do that, woodley isn’t a draw and no new belt for Goerge.

That's where I disagree. If the UFC knew jack shit about how to create a commercial ad, they could put an epic buildup together for him vs Woodley

Also, the whole "legacy, new belt" statement is just a spin. What is a legacy? Who even watches or retains memories of MMA outside of a small, core audience? How do you quantify a legacy in relative comparison of winning the WW or LW belt at this stage?

If money is purely the issue, well, again... I think that is debatable. Khabib is not a draw on US soil, and that's where the revenue is really coming from. As for a fight versus Conor, well... That's basically just a sideshow at this point.

I'll just leave these here:

September

November

I’m thinking the 155 cut went great,since there was talk of Khabib right after that.

But Dana with the “no title shot for George at 55” and the hearing taking longer than expected has them in limbo right now.

So he’s just staying thin and banging that tennis hottie waiting out what happens with all that.

I'll just leave these here:

September

November

<{vega}>
Is that supposed to mean something?

Requesting a 165lb division mean he most likely can't make 155
Why else request it?

Just fight at 155
simple

“As of what I understand right now, there is no 165 pound division” Zahabi told YouTube channel MMA Betz backstage at UFC 232 late last month. “It’s a ‘maybe’ from what I understand. It’s a rumor I should say, and if that happens I think it could be very interesting for Georges. I’m hoping that rumor is true.”

“I think the best matchup would be, for sure, Khabib [Nurmagomedov]. If they were to create a 165-pound division, I think it would make a lot of sense to have Georges St-Pierre and Khabib be the first ones to fight for that title.”

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2019/1/...erre-is-against-khabib-at-165-pounds-mma-news

LOL
like a whore, GSP is trying to find some easy fight to pick a belt.
What's the point though? we all know he will run away as soon as he gets it.

Note: maybe hje even deserves to become the first 3 divisions champ. But fo'shame! the way he is doing its just pathetic IMO.

Back