Zahabi hints that GSP could come back if 165lbs was introduced

iu

You cant stay out of the game this long. And just come back like that. Yes the bisping fight was impressive. But still..

Just no.

I want him to go down to 155
Yes, he can make 155

Khabib-Nurmagomedov-Georges-St-Pierre-768x768.jpg

#3DivisionsChamp
Looking noticeably thicker than Khabib imo
Why does he need a 165lbs division when 155 wouldn't be a problem?

I think a test cut to 155 went horribly and now this is the situation he's in.

GSP doesnt seem like hes in a good spot with the UFC brass at the moment. THey're both playing hard ball it seems and no deal has become. The 165 title is something that lots of peo[le will be begging to fight for, so the UFC has lots of flexibility there. They dont need anyone in particular to fight for it. Conor, GSP would probably be at the top of the list though.

I worry about Conor fighting guys 2.5 times his size though.

Easy win for GSP. Khabibs take downs will start to look desperate real quick.

Technically there's no reason why guys can't come into a fight at 165. That's still welterweight

He will come back to 170 after tyron moves up at the end of year.

Saying "I felt it was the right time"

Exactly what I see happening. Much like it was finally time to step up to 185 the moment Bisping became champion, after years of declining a fight with Silva because of "the technical challenge of increasing the body mass to the precise level and maintaining peak performance ability."

It never ceases to amaze me how silly the thought of a 165lb class is. 5lb difference from 170. Too close to do anything but make 2 thin divisions where there should be 1 deep division. So pointless

170 would be changed to 175 and putting one division between LW and WW wouldn't make either division weak, WW and LW are the deepest divisions in MMA history.

170 would be changed to 175 and putting one division between LW and WW wouldn't make either division weak, WW and LW are the deepest divisions in MMA history.

WW isn't nearly as stacked with exciting fighters as people seem to believe it is. Splitting the talent from 2 divisions into 3 would most definitely dilute the talent.

I want him to go down to 155
Yes, he can make 155

Khabib-Nurmagomedov-Georges-St-Pierre-768x768.jpg

#3DivisionsChamp

I think prime GSP takes him at 155, but now I'm not sure.

One thing for sure, I won't underestimate the GOAT and nothing would suprise me that the King keeps it standing and wins a decision.

I need to get something off my chest

Sometimes I have a hard time keeping @VVarhead , @Verace , and @AimedWithV in separate compartments in my head

all three guys start threads and seem like true fans

khabib and ferguson are in a complete different level than a 40 year old bisping
Lol... GSP out of his prime would tool Tony and would give Khabib his toughest fight if he ever decides to go up to welter.

I find pretty silly how people underestimate GSP's victory over Bisping, almost like Bisping was in a BJ Penn's losing run type of situation and then GSP took over him.

In other words GSP-Khabib at 165.

Doesn’t make sense for the UFC not to have a 160+ division.

“As of what I understand right now, there is no 165 pound division” Zahabi told YouTube channel MMA Betz backstage at UFC 232 late last month. “It’s a ‘maybe’ from what I understand. It’s a rumor I should say, and if that happens I think it could be very interesting for Georges. I’m hoping that rumor is true.”

“I think the best matchup would be, for sure, Khabib [Nurmagomedov]. If they were to create a 165-pound division, I think it would make a lot of sense to have Georges St-Pierre and Khabib be the first ones to fight for that title.”

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2019/1/...erre-is-against-khabib-at-165-pounds-mma-news

GSP wants no part of Woodley.

He knows that if he loses, it hurts his legacy as the best WW ever.

It never ceases to amaze me how silly the thought of a 165lb class is. 5lb difference from 170. Too close to do anything but make 2 thin divisions where there should be 1 deep division. So pointless
No 165 would be the new sharktank. That is where we will see the most interesting matchups from 155 fighters and 170 fighter

so do you think that khabib can beat a middleweight like Bisping ? interesting

Question wasn't directed at me but its possible if Khabib puts on the size like GSP did.

MW GSP beat Khabib ... not WW GSP.

“As of what I understand right now, there is no 165 pound division” Zahabi told YouTube channel MMA Betz backstage at UFC 232 late last month. “It’s a ‘maybe’ from what I understand. It’s a rumor I should say, and if that happens I think it could be very interesting for Georges. I’m hoping that rumor is true.”

“I think the best matchup would be, for sure, Khabib [Nurmagomedov]. If they were to create a 165-pound division, I think it would make a lot of sense to have Georges St-Pierre and Khabib be the first ones to fight for that title.”

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2019/1/...erre-is-against-khabib-at-165-pounds-mma-news

Zzz. He once said that GSP would go Ron MW, fight Silva and then fight Shogun at LHW. Plus a year of talk about LW for GSP va Conor. He’s a great trainer and manager but I have had enough of his talking about going down in weight.

All the posts about how GSP should drop to 155 & photos showing him as a similar size to Khabib just emphasise what a beast GSP is. He didn't kill himself dropping weight to gain an advantage of fighting smaller & weaker opponents like Khabib, hell he even jumped up to MW & smashed Bisping for the belt.

Make a 165 division with Khabib vs. GSP for the inaugural champ. Bounce Welterweight up to 175.

Tony vs. Poirier. Nate vs. Conor 3. Winners fight for the vacant 155 title.

Back