Man of Steel
Batman vs Superman
Justice League

michaelbay_miketyson.jpg

Zack_Snyder_Warner_Bros_Pictures_Panel_Presentation_8_RIFMW4_MEUJl.jpg

Shit on all of them.

Michael Bay behind the greatness of The Rock

Its a top 10 action movie of all time

Out of that list? I guess Bay but I don't really think either or great. I wanted to love Watchmen I just didn't.

I loved the Rock, but Bay has some horrible stuff out. Transformers being a good example of that.

Snyder for me. I grew up watching Bay’s stuff, but won’t go back. I legit enjoyed “300”, “Watchmen”, and “Man of Steel”.

I loved the Rock, but Bay has some horrible stuff out. Transformers being a good example of that.
Not defending Bay but would the 8 yr old you enjoyed the transformers/tmnt movies that he directed/produced?

The only bay movie I enjoyed was Armageddon. I know it's not a good movie but I still enjoyed it.

Everything else he's done sucks ass.

Some of Snyder's movies have been decent. 300, Watchmen, ummmm.... I guess that's it. But he's still twice as good as Michael bay

Michael Bay behind the greatness of The Rock

Its a top 10 action movie of all time

Honestly watched that for the first time in ages a couple of months ago and really wasn't that impressed, its basically Cage and Connery that make it watchable, otherwise its all rather silly and not a patch on say Die Hard with a Vengeance from the same era,

Snyder has actually made a few decent films in Dawn of the Dead, 300 and Watchmen before he gave in to his worst instincts.

Honestly watched that for the first time in ages a couple of months ago and really wasn't that impressed, its basically Cage and Connery that make it watchable, otherwise its all rather silly and not a patch on say Die Hard with a Vengeance from the same era,

Snyder has actually made a few decent films in Dawn of the Dead, 300 and Watchmen before he gave in to his worst instincts.
<{Joewithit}>

Not defending Bay but would the 8 yr old you enjoyed the transformers/tmnt movies that he directed/produced?
Probably, but 8 year old me was 44 years ago, so i forgot what he liked!

Not sure. Maybe Ill go with Bay.

300 is extremely overrated by the casual fan, and Watchmen is utterly disappointing if you've read the book.

One depends on green screen and "comic like" cinematography and the other depends on explosions.

I think Bay has higher quality movies. Snyder's are paper thin.

Justice League was the worst superhero movie Ive seen but we can blame Whedon for some of that as well. BvS was also meh, started off strong, but had bad editing that made the film drag (made me fall asleep in the movie theatre.),

So Bay for me.

I think Bay edges it out. They've both made some good stuff, and around the same amount of bad stuff. I'd say Bay's ratio is a little better, and his total of good movies is quite a bit higher.

I’m a little torn. I’m not a fan of either guy. Out of their combined filmography I’d say my top 3 would be the Rock, 300 and Watchmen.

I don’t like Snyder’s DC movies, but I dislike the Transformer movies even more.

Bay just sucks for the most part. I hate his low brow humour in his movies. I hate him for making Shia Laboeuf a household name.

So yeah, even though the Rock is the best movie between the two of them I just plain despise Bay,

Bay by a mile. The only truly awful movies he's made were all the transformers movies. Everything else has been either watchable, good or great. The Rock is freakin great, idc what anybody says. Armageddon is a lot of fun and has some scenes that are great, and other scenes that are a little cringy, but still it's a good movie. Pearl Harbor is the same way. Some scenes were outstanding and others were just silly, but it's a good, underrated movie. The Bad Boys movies were fun.

Point is, Bay actually has a lot of talent. He's one of the best visual directors you'll ever see. He has an amazing eye for beautiful shots. Every scene in every Bay movie looks amazing (except for the jumbled mess of metal the robots were in Transformers). But watch for that next time you see one of his flicks on and you'll see what I mean.

I’m a little torn. I’m not a fan of either guy. Out of their combined filmography I’d say my top 3 would be the Rock, 300 and Watchmen.

I don’t like Snyder’s DC movies, but I dislike the Transformer movies even more.

Bay just sucks for the most part. I hate his low brow humour in his movies. I hate him for making Shia Laboeuf a household name.

So yeah, even though the Rock is the best movie between the two of them I just plain despise Bay,

I'll say it again, as someone who's generally a big fan of that kind of film done well The Rock did very little for me, maybe its the lack of nostalgia as its something I managed to miss at the time but it was really only Cage and Connery having a few signature moments that made it that fun to watch.

I wouldn't really call either of them a "visual master" as there both pretty cheesey but I would say Snyder has the edge there as 300 and Watchmen did look good in places even if it was partly lifted from the graphic novels.

Back