Zach Freeman - First Guy to Beat Aaron Pico Hasn't Fought in 3 Years

Great interview, but it reveals nothing about why Zach hasn't fought in 3 years.
in the interview he mentions that he will not quit his job, in follow up interviews he said he got a little fame but after a couple of weeks everything went back to normal. He wasnt shy about saying he threw a kink in Bellators plan and thats why they matched him up with Saad Awad.

in the interview he mentions that he will not quit his job, in follow up interviews he said he got a little fame but after a couple of weeks everything went back to normal. He wasnt shy about saying he threw a kink in Bellators plan and thats why they matched him up with Saad Awad.
Yes, I remember him saying that, but I didn't equate that with him hinting that he may not fight again - after the Awad fight - for 3 years!

Zach destroyed one of Coker's golden boys and talked shit about how he was treated afterwards.Saad Awad destroyed him in his next outing and by now he is 36 years old.

safe to say he is done.
Yeah, maybe yours is the correct answer. Perfect storm of beating someone Coker wanted to win, talking shit about Bellator, getting destroyed in his next fight, and being 36.

I think awad was his last fight on a 2 fight contract? I think he was considering retiring even prior to the pico fight. 3 years now inactive he might be done for good.

His twitter mentions a lot about golfing. Is he taking up golfing as a career? Weird..

Back